• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    My first car - a secondhand 1973 Pinto stationwagon and my first handgun - a Charter Arms Undercoverette with an "action job". Pinto taught me alot about repairing cars and the Undercoverette taught me to beware when the seller smiles and says "action job.

Nov 11, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    My first pistol was a 7" AMT 1911. I had just turned 21 and it was the biggest and most shiny pistol at the show :D. The previous owner had tried to peen it himself so it shot groups the size of hula hoops at 10 yards. Unfortunately it was stolen. Fortunately the barrel was about to catastrophically fail with a crack running through the whole thing :).

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    My house in MD after my divorce in 08. Should have gone to PA like I originally intended.

Colt M4 .22 cal. It was $$$$, didnt shoot very well and was a nightmare to clean. M&P AR .22LR is a much better gun.

Ruger SR-9: Nothing wrong with the gun per se, I just didnt like shooting it.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    Rossi lever action stainless 38/357 rifle - safe queen - never shot don't know what I was thinking

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    My first car - a secondhand 1973 Pinto stationwagon and my first handgun - a Charter Arms Undercoverette with an "action job". Pinto taught me alot about repairing cars and the Undercoverette taught me to beware when the seller smiles and says "action job.

Pinto stationwagons were great cars after you put a 289 or 302 in them.

Hippy

Mar 11, 2008
    Frostburg Md
    1st ,2nd and third wedding ring--two of them before I was 24 use to Joke about having enough X-Wives for Pallbearer's --Found out it is a whole lot CHEAPER to get Cremated.

Jim

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Marriage license...

Ha, ha good one. Why the hell does one need permission from the state to get married anyway?

Back to the OP, how about this:

Attachments

• white-elephants.jpg
      white-elephants.jpg
      21.6 KB · Views: 325

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Man! I hope I don't get that one! I just bought one today. Aaaaaaggh... I bought it new.

LCP isn't that bad... it is what it is... a very lightweight, short-range, carry gun (assuming you could carry in Maryland). Don't expect to go knocking pins down way down range. It is a light little bugger though. I like mine... but what do I know :D

JosephIV

For me it was a Winchester 30-30 that I bought from my dad's co-worker. It had a 1967 build date and hadn't been fired for 15 years before I got it in 1997. It was in very nice condition. The price was low and I had always wanted a lever action so I had to buy it. I'm tall with long arms and could not get comfortable with that gun. Embarassingly enough, my mother outshot me with it. She's a good shot, but hell, it was MY gun!

After that is a Ruger Mini 14 Ranch. It wasn't horrible, but it didn't do anything exceptionally well. I should have put the money towards an AR variant. I sold it to my boss for a very fair price. They've been selling for stupid money the past few months so I almost regret selling it.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    My Zastava Tokarev. Was my first C&R purchase and I never shoot it and it has no practical purpose for me. I would much rather shoot my PMR-30 than that. Will be putting it on GunBroker before the end of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom