• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Are you in favor of being able to carry any which way arms into a courtroom, school, airport, or other currently restricted places? Not trolling as I am a new guy, but I understand why there are sensitive areas that should be off limits as to allowing the carriage of arms. I feel that criminals like to conceal their guns. I want everyone to believe I am armed. Open carry just confirms that belief. In regards to restrictions on an unalienable right, the 1A right is restricted. Try yelling fire in a crowded theatre. Since 1A has been examined and tested in the SC, it's widely accepted there are limitations to free speech. Hence there will and can be restrictions to 2A and each and every unalienable right we have.

Before we put limits on where we may carry, we must have the right to carry. (2nd amendment)

Your cart is in fount of your horse!

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Are you in favor of being able to carry any which way arms into a courtroom, school, airport, or other currently restricted places? Not trolling as I am a new guy, but I understand why there are sensitive areas that should be off limits as to allowing the carriage of arms. I feel that criminals like to conceal their guns. I want everyone to believe I am armed. Open carry just confirms that belief.

I do not agree with the argument. If your a law abiding citizen that should be aloud to carry I think you should be aloud to carry anywhere. (Except on a plane where the sky marshals have to carry special rounds that will not go through the side of the plane.)

If you get a ccw and tell you that your trusted to carry when your in a shopping mall, but we can't trust you in a school or airport? If your going to do the right thing with your gun/ccw, your going to do the right thing no matter where you are.

Why are there sensitive areas that should be off limits? Do you think the bad guy will care about your off limits list of places? NO!

Again, you would like to see a law that only the honest person will pay attention to and follow.

The bad guys that will do the bad things do not care about your off limits list.

And as far as your open carry, you will be the first guy the bad guy will sucker punch on the back of your head because your walking around with the billboard on your hip.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    :lol2:Are you in favor of being able to carry any which way arms into a courtroom, school, airport, or other currently restricted places? Not trolling as I am a new guy, but I understand why there are sensitive areas that should be off limits as to allowing the carriage of arms. I feel that criminals like to conceal their guns. I want everyone to believe I am armed. Open carry just confirms that belief.

Your kind or reasoning fuels all of the anti's.

If your given the right to carry it because your on the right side of the law. When your on the right side of the law you will do the right things with your gun. If you think that you can't be trusted in some areas, you should not be trusted in any area.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    And as far as your open carry, you will be the first guy the bad guy will sucker punch on the back of your head because your walking around with the billboard on your hip.

This point is very important. Carrying (concealed or open) means your sense of situational awareness *must* be very high at all times. BGs would like nothing more than to steal your piece (and leave you in pieces in the process).

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    :lol2:Are you in favor of being able to carry any which way arms into a courtroom, school, airport, or other currently restricted places? Not trolling as I am a new guy, but I understand why there are sensitive areas that should be off limits as to allowing the carriage of arms. I feel that criminals like to conceal their guns. I want everyone to believe I am armed. Open carry just confirms that belief.

Well that's just it. When your carrying your on the right side of the law. If the guy is draining in your example he is not only not on the right side of the law any longer he should have his ccw taken away.

That's like saying, if we all have the right to carry, then maybe one day one of us may want to rob a bank.

When you have a ccw, there is a right way and a wrong way. If your not doing the right way, then your doing the wrong way. If can be trusted to carry in a shopping mall, you should be trusted to carry where ever you go.

What is the reasoning for not letting you carry on school grounds? Is it OK to let you nut up in a shopping mall and kill 20 people but if you do it in a school somehow that is worse?

And if your going to nut up, you will nut up whether you have a CCW or not. And if you do nut up and start shooting people at a school, I hope there are 20 people around you that carry and take you out.

Restricted places are ridicules. The bad guys will carry in all of the restricted places and only the law abiding citizen will not carry in restricted areas.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    This point is very important. Carrying (concealed or open) means your sense of situational awareness *must* be very high at all times. BGs would like nothing more than to steal your piece (and leave you in pieces in the process).

That's exactly correct. One BG will be asking you for a light when his buddy will be hitting you on the back of your head with a bat or a rock. You will never see it coming and by the time you get off the ground your gun and wallet will be gone.

The one guy I would not want to be in a bank is the armed guard. You will be the first to go. The open carry gun on your side will only frighten the BG want to be's. It will not frighten the real bad guys.

bigred

Ultimate Member
    Nov 18, 2009
    Middle River
    posted a few min ago in Smigiel's facebook

Michael Smigiel
    For all my friends who are receiving their applications and payments back from the Maryland State Police saying that you have failed to establish the unconstitutional standard of a good and substantial reason please be patient I am working on it now. The State Police don't seem to realize that giving you back you application fee does not excuse the violation of your Constitutional rights that goes along with their continued use of the "good and substantial reason" standard.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville

Michael Smigiel
    For all my friends who are receiving their applications and payments back from the Maryland State Police saying that you have failed to establish the unconstitutional standard of a good and substantial reason please be patient I am working on it now. The State Police don't seem to realize that giving you back you application fee does not excuse the violation of your Constitutional rights that goes along with their continued use of the "good and substantial reason" standard.

Saw this and came here to post it too, glad he's getting involved.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Michael Smigiel

bring me up to speed, who is Michael Smigiel?

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    Merlin...please go back and edit your posts quoting my username. Your quotes are messed up and your making petergriffin posts look like mine...and I don't agree with anything he's written.

Please?

Thanks

petergriffin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 9, 2012
    That's exactly correct. One BG will be asking you for a light when his buddy will be hitting you on the back of your head with a bat or a rock. You will never see it coming and by the time you get off the ground your gun and wallet will be gone.

The one guy I would not want to be in a bank is the armed guard. You will be the first to go. The open carry gun on your side will only frighten the BG want to be's. It will not frighten the real bad guys.
    Hyperbole Alert.
    Ok, let's take courts out of the restricted area as well. Do we take down the metal detectors because all they will do is detect that you have a gun which is your right to have? You continue on your way into the courtroom as you sit down and listen as the jury reads a guilty verdict for Jamal who is on trial for murder. Jamal's cousin Tiki stands up and pulls out his gun and starts blazing away at the jurors who just convicted his boy. Btw you are CCW and Tiki is too.

petergriffin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 9, 2012
    Your kind or reasoning fuels all of the anti's.

If your given the right to carry it because your on the right side of the law. When your on the right side of the law you will do the right things with your gun. If you think that you can't be trusted in some areas, you should not be trusted in any area.
    Of the states which allow open carry, just open carry for this question, which state issues an ID or permit for the sole purpose of open carry? When you are open carrying it's the states burden to prove you are prohibited from 2A. How can you tell the difference from a person on the right side of the law from a guy who is open carrying though prohibited from owning let alone carry. Please don't use the cliche bad guys hide their guns. They do only in states which don't allow them 2A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom