• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    On Saturday, I placed an order on the Botach site for a Magpul stock and a trigger, the total exceeded $250. I want to make sure I have time to finish the build before the weekend, so I pay extra for faster shipping.

Monday around 6pm (3pm pacific time), I get a voicemail that the Magpul isn't in stock, it'll delay the shipment by 3-4 weeks, please give them a call back with instructions on what to do. I call back and leave a message telling them to drop the stock, I'll find another one locally, and ship the trigger. But I figure that if they are that busy, I might as well drop them an email, too, in case they don't check voicemail. So I send them an email as well, telling them to drop the stock, just ship the trigger.

I get up this morning (Tuesday) and refresh my order page, still no tracking number or update, and the stock is still showing on the order page.

After work today, still no tracking number, still no update, and the stock is still showing on the order page. I call them around 6pm (3pm pacific, they close at 4pm pacific) and leave another voicemail to drop the Magpul, ship the trigger. But I'm having my doubts now, so I pull the squeaky-wheel-gets-the-grease trick and blow up their phone. As soon as anything other than a human answers, I hang up and call back.

I eventually get someone on the phone (about 6:50pm here, 3:50pm there, 10 minutes before closing), she eventually understands what's going on and agrees to drop the stock and ship the trigger, but she wants to check inventory first before she promises anything. She asks for five minutes so she can check the inventory and call me right back. I explain that I've paid for expedited shipping, expecting it to go out on Monday and be here Wednesday, and now it'll be Wednesday before my shipment goes out, who knows when it'll arrive. She replies that she'll get an answer to that, too, when she calls me back in 5 minutes.

She never called back. Two unanswered voicemails, two unanswered emails, and one conversation that never completed.

And now I just refreshed my order page and it's showing that my order (the exact same order that I placed on Saturday, including the stock) has shipped, including the full charge for faster service. So am I going to get the stock that they don't have? Am I really going to get it in 3-day shipping? Are they going to charge me for the stock and shipping (because that's what their website shows me right now)?

This is a very frustrating company to deal with!

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    It's frustrating because you're thinking of it like "I paid for something, and extra for convenience and I expect to receive what I paid for". Instead of thinking of it like "I'll put $250 on #7 and spin the wheel"

I feel your pain, it shouldn't be like gambling! Good luck!

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    I had a bad experience with them a while back and won't ever deal with them again.

Amen, brother!

Here I am thinking "Hey, sweet, they have my Geissele trigger in stock!" when I should have been thinking "Hey, why is it that everyone else is sold out?"

Live and learn, I guess.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Amen, brother!

Here I am thinking "Hey, sweet, they have my Geissele trigger in stock!" when I should have been thinking "Hey, why is it that everyone else is sold out?"

Live and learn, I guess.

Same thing here, they were the only ones who had it in stock and nobody else did. The light bulb never went off until after the we don't have that in stock call. Then they were going to charge me freight every time one of the "out of stock" items shipped if I wanted the order broken up. They never changed the item to out of stock on their web site either, even though they said it would be 6-8 weeks before they got the item back in stock. Good luck man!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Botach gets many many complaints on a lot of other forums as well. I will never get close to them.

i try to use Midway USA or Brownells for firearm gear. Good honest service. Sometimes not the cheapest, but very dependable and fast

Hope you get this straightened out

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    i ordered from them before, no communication but my stuff did show up about a week later. i hate just not knowing what the f*** is going on with my order. I will look elsewhere before going there again.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    They suck

I ordered a A2 stock sling adaptor from them for 2 guns. They charged me $11 shipping for something that fits in a envelope that USPS charges $3 to ship.

I'll never buy from them again

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    I know we can't do this here, but it would be nice to have a page for each major internet distributor and score them like we score the classified users here.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I almost bought from them once. But first checked the net for issues. A couple of sites I respect and a lot of forum users had issues just like the ones you posted above. Actually, yours hasn't run its course yet so I wouldn't call it done yet. They frequently claim to ship but fail to do so, according to some complaints.

They appear to like running out the clock. If you don't get the stuff you bought ASAP, call your credit card company after canceling the order with Botach.

Unfortunately you are yet another experience someone else will Google. Sorry.

And I'd love to see a "Keeping Score" post somewhere with a spreadsheet of all we love/hate.

For instance, I almost bought two new Blackhawk holsters today from "OpticSale". At least until I did some research and read their reviews online. I'd rather pay more elsewhere and avoid the hassle.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    On the internet I mainly buy from:

Bravo Co USA
    Rainier Arms

I also have purchased from the following with no issues:

G&R Tactical
    LaRue Tactical
    Noveske Rifleworks
    SWFA
    Palmetto State Armory
    44Mag
    Cope's Distributing
    Denny's Guns/Global Tactical
    Cheaper Than Dirt
    Nodak Spud
    Tromix
    HKParts.net
    PK Firearms
    Young Manufacturing / New River Arms
    DS Arms
    Cabela's
    KVAR
    MD Arms
    Apex Gun Parts
    DPH Arms
    Ohio Ordnance Works
    Mississippi Auto Arms
    Top Gun Supply
    Midway
    AIM Surplus
    Brownells
    Jarvis Custom
    Rusmilitary

I'd hate to add all that up.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Had problems with them too. Will never use them again. Not sure if it's true but someone told me they are little more than a one man operation that drop ships a lot of stuff.

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Had problems with them too. Will never use them again. Not sure if it's true but someone told me they are little more than a one man operation that drop ships a lot of stuff.

Could be. The lady who I spoke with today (who didn't return my call) and the one who left the message both had the same distinct accent.

Velly intellestink.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    OK, my list of go-to vendors:

- Brownell's
    - Scottsdale Gun Club (SGCUSA.com)
    - LWRC
    - Cabela's
    - Dan's Ammo (dansammo.com)
    - Major Malfunction (NFA Suppressors)
    - Midway
    - LaRue Tactical

Others I forget.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    OK, my list of go-to vendors:

- Brownell's
    - Scottsdale Gun Club (SGCUSA.com)
    - LWRC
    - Cabela's
    - Dan's Ammo (dansammo.com)
    - Major Malfunction (NFA Suppressors)
    - Midway
    - LaRue Tactical

Others I forget.

+1 on LWRC, I bought a Lower Parts Kit (most of it is going into my group buy lower, the enhanced FCG went into my M6A3 tonight) and not only did ground shipping take 1 day (Yay, MD company) but they included a MOE grip, which is not included in their LPKs.

Other than LWRC:

I've had good luck with surplusammo.com (ammo), usarmorment.com (uplula), palmetto state armory (ammo, dd lpk, magpul stuff), midwayusa (ammo cans, oc spray)

mythaeus

Trouble-maker Next Door
    Feb 5, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    Botach used to have bad reputation and they have been trying very hard to clean up their image.

Personally, I just placed 2 orders with the in the past 2 months, one for a set of TFO for my G19 and one for an ARMS 41BL sight. Both orders arrived in 3 days. The first one I didn't check for stock availability, but the 2nd, I checked using their LivePerson support chat.

Here are the recent experiences with Botach at PAFOA: http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/98833-www-botachtactical-com-yay-nay.html

On the first page, the last post is from a guy from Botach with contact info. I'd contact him and let him know about your experience.

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom