• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Continental Arms in Timonium would be a bit of a drive for you, but is the next closest alternative if you find that you don't like On Target or Select Fire.

By the way, has anyone been to Continental recently?

I stopped in there the other day after not being there for about two years and then have really expanded into a beautiful store. They now have the largest show room around that's about the size of a tennis court. Big selection of guns and they are now selling techtical gear. They also moved their location where they sold gun safes to the range location. They added a classroom area.

If you haven't been there in a while go check it out.

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    I haven't' been to On Target in a while. Do they now allow full auto or suppressors?

As such, I generally go to SF because they allow me to shoot pistol caliber machine guns. Wayne is the owner (the older guy)... Jonathan is his son who restored the car. Jonathan has always been great to deal with.

I have had good experiences with Wayne and some that bristled me a bit. I actually stopped going there for a while (went to Continental. but it was further.) I won't go into specifics, but I did give them another chance after I learned some information. I can say, things have been better with the passage of time- your mileage may vary.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    on target does not have an issue with people using suppressors but no full autos and have your paperwork with you .

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Makes you wonder why. As if they do not want criminal activity to be caught in the act. I have never heard of that at the other ranges.

Most ranges have a no photo policy. Of the range rules I have read in the last week only OnTarget said that you can take a picture if you get an ok from everyone at the range 1st.

I am guessing the concern is because of distraction. Although there is likely also so shooters who don't like the idea of being photo'd.

Thanks
    Robert

Oct 7, 2012
    Hey I'm new to the forum so I don't know if this is common knowledge but where is Continental? I live by arundel mills so I usually go to on target but am always looking for new ranges

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Hey I'm new to the forum so I don't know if this is common knowledge but where is Continental? I live by arundel mills so I usually go to on target but am always looking for new ranges

Continental is off I-83, Padonia Rd exit. 9603 Deereco Road #500 Timonium, MD 21093

You can see it from the Chili's parking lot.

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I just read through this thread and can agree with SF and being treated terrible. A quick story that happened to me and my step father while shooting there once. While in the middle of shooting a handgun and all of the sudden the lights start going on and off slowly while we have loaded weapons and they start yelling over the PA system to start packing up because it was getting close to closing time. I think everyone in the range that evening was ready to strangle the jerks running the place.

Needless to say I will try them again. I wasnt even sure if they where still in buisness

SoM3 Idi0t

Feb 19, 2012
    Glen Burnie, Hon
    Select Fire is horrible. I live approx 10 mins away, and refuse to go there.

The staff treats you bad and are kinda of strange, you cant shoot headshots on targets, and lord forbid you bring your cell phone in!!

Like another poster said, When I drive by, I never see anyone in their parking lot.

On Target is way better.

Look'em up on Google and read the reviews.

One of the reviews had me rollin'

"Range is good for shooting but the people working are horrible. definitely should sell pictures of staff for targets ....jus saying"

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    My cousin bought a membership at Select Fire and is in there all the time. I finally went with him on 12/23 and we had a good time. They know him, and all they said to me was "read this" which was two pages of rules.

I'll add that while the place wasn't packed, it was busy. There were only a couple open lanes when we left.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Select Fire is ok. Just don't go there expecting pleasant conversation from Wayne he's just not that kind of person. His sons a good kid though. I've shot there dozens of times without incident.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Freedom Armory in Glen Rock PA right off I83. Look up their website for all the details.

If you are going to travel as far as Freedom Armory, I know of a great outdoor range just 10 min further north on 83......No caliber restrictions there.....membership there for a year is cheaper than a long afternoon at Freedom......just sayin....

g

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    If you are going to travel as far as Freedom Armory, I know of a great outdoor range just 10 min further north on 83......No caliber restrictions there.....membership there for a year is cheaper than a long afternoon at Freedom......just sayin....

g

Depending on how things go at the AGC, I may be taking the drive up to York!

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

g

What's the name of the range and where is it located? I'm always am looking for new places. I know they are tucked away everywhere.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    What's the name of the range and where is it located? I'm always am looking for new places. I know they are tucked away everywhere.

Why York IWLA of course! Just the greatest action shooting club in the area, if I do say so myself (shameless self promotion font). www.yorkiwla.org is our general club website and www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com is or shooting activities blog, for up to date info and news. We run two action (USPSA style) matches a month, with options for pistol, rifle, carbine, shotgun and multigun activities from mild to wild.

Membership requires an orientation, and the fee structure in on the website, and varies depending on the time of year you join.

The easiest way to experience us is to come out to one of our events, which are all open tot he public. FunShoots are always walkon, but Action shoots usually require a prescreening for safety(usually done at one of my funShoots), withthe exception of this month, where we are having a stationary position steel shootoff style event, open to all safe shooters.

Check the blog, and club website, and feel free to ask any questions.

gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom