• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    I've got my stripped lower, complete upper, and optics, just building the inside of the rifle and the stock now.

I just ordered my first Geissele trigger, but there wasn't much documentation of what comes in the box. The picture on the manufacturer's website showed the trigger, hammer, and their respective springs ... but nothing about pins. A picture I saw on another website showed pin, but no springs, and none of them addressed the pivot pins to connect lower and upper halves.

I'd like to take this new build out this weekend (assuming the CTR and hardware kit come in on Wednesday, too). Do I need to pick up an LPK to get all the detents, pivot pins, and such? I imagine I should have those spare parts just laying around at some point, but I've managed to find uses for all my spares these days. :)

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    I've got my stripped lower, complete upper, and optics, just building the inside of the rifle and the stock now.

I just ordered my first Geissele trigger, but there wasn't much documentation of what comes in the box. The picture on the manufacturer's website showed the trigger, hammer, and their respective springs ... but nothing about pins. A picture I saw on another website showed pin, but no springs, and none of them addressed the pivot pins to connect lower and upper halves.

I'd like to take this new build out this weekend (assuming the CTR and hardware kit come in on Wednesday, too). Do I need to pick up an LPK to get all the detents, pivot pins, and such? I imagine I should have those spare parts just laying around at some point, but I've managed to find uses for all my spares these days. :)

The trigger comes with all paperwork on adjusting, lubing and maintaining the trigger, lube, all trigger parts (including pins), a pin tool, and tools to adjust the trigger. Basically everything to install and maintain the trigger.

No other LPK parts come with the trigger.

I bought my Geisselle about 4 years ago. Hope they didn't change anything because that trigger is AMAZING.

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Trigger, hammer, springs, pins ... all in the box? So I need to get the safety selector and detents and such elsewhere? Any recommendations or will any $80 CMMG LPK do?

bigpapa1080

They call me Horseface
    I bought my Geisselle about 4 years ago. Hope they didn't change anything because that trigger is AMAZING.

x2. I have the DMR trigger in my AR. It took a little while to get used to how much lighter that is than the standard M4 single stage trigger like on our issued rifles, but once I did, I was in love. It was well worth the price I paid IMO. Sorry I'm not much help on the technical stuff but I will say you chose well. Lock time on those triggers is insanely fast.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    If you are building from a stripped lower, then you will still need about 1/2 of a LPK, but it can be cheaper/better to get the peices individually. If you get the parts individually, the cost is usually less, being the hammer and trigger are a couple of the more expensive parts in the kit. You can also upgrade several components without having redundant parts. A MIAD Pistol grip, extended/ambi mag latch, extended bolt catch, extended/ambi selector, and winter trigger guard are popular options. The rest of the small detents, pins and springs add up to about $10.

These are all the parts needed to assemble a stripped lower minus the pistol grip, butstock, buffer, spring and tube (nut and rear plate also for a telescoping stock). The Gieselle trigger includes the hammer, trigger, disconnector, hammer/trigger springs and pins. I would also highly reccomend a good set of roll pin punches, and a front takedown pin detent tool. It is a simple pin with a hole in the side of it, where you put it in the place of the front takedown pin, put the spring and detent through the hole in the side, push them in with a punch, turn the tool to trap the detent ins a compressed position, then push the takewon pin in it's place as the tool is pushed out. It will save about an hour or more of cussing if this is your first build. Outside of that, a vise/block or workbench, and decent hammer are all you need.
    lowerKit.gif

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Your paying alot for just a trigger kit so theres a gold nugget inside the box too.

Oh wait, no it dont. You just get a trigger kit for that price. 2 stage at that.

longshot1911

Jan 17, 2010
    Money well spent. I have a DMR in a varmint gun I built, and use a heavier variant in my service rifle. Picked up 2 points average on my offhand over the Jewell I use to use. I plan on picking up the single stage variant for one of my carbines. You will not be disappointed.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    LOL clandestine..

I...I just ordered my first Geissele trigger, but there wasn't much documentation of what comes in the box. The picture on the manufacturer's website showed the trigger, hammer, and their respective springs ... but nothing about pins.
    I just installed one for someone.

It comes with two very slightly (.002") oversize/close tolerance pins, one with the trigger, the other with the hammer. These pins replace your standard "milspec" fire control pins to reduce clearances and give a more consistent pull. They will be a drive fit in standard pin bores in good condition, NOT for the faint of heart, but necessary to get the most from your trigger.

There is one extra pin that is still more oversize that would be used in the situation where your trigger pin bore had been worn excessively, but probably would not be used in a decent receiver in decent condition.

It also comes with the Allen wrench required to perform setup adjustments, and a small container of magical oil which is probably repackaged 10W-30.

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Great answers guys, thanks for the confirmation that I'll need extra parts to finish the build. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom