• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    We got a bunch of these in for builds and will be parting with 10. They're very cool. They come with stock pictured, baby buffer tube, recoil spring, and carrier. You still will need a firing pin, bolt, cam pin, and cotter pin.

Hecho En Canada

$400

Attachments

• DSC_2318.jpg
      DSC_2318.jpg
      49.7 KB · Views: 1,278
    • DSC_2316.jpg
      DSC_2316.jpg
      50.1 KB · Views: 1,269

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Oh, man, and right after I bought a used one from someone locally.

No way to make one of these function in a 9mm build, right?

SwerveAM

Jun 26, 2011
    Many thanks to Andy, Carlos, and AJ for another good sat at the shop

Just had to show off on a E4 lower (14.5 pinned upper)...it will eventually get moved to the wife's HK gun...

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      95.6 KB · Views: 1,056

cxd213

Dec 21, 2012
    Picked mine up yesterday morning. Thanks a lot to the crew at Engage like usual. Few notes:

- Stock is like a charcoal gray color, not black. I may just spray it (or have it coated).
    - One of my taper pins fell out while I was playing with it. May want to make sure yours are seated all the way.
    - Really makes the gun feel a lot different from traditional collapsible stock ARs. Not bad, just different.
    - Really no weight savings here compared to a full length. The butt of the stock is a little aggressive, too, with a diamond pattern present on the metal.

Now I just need my stamp to slap a 7.5" upper on it. These things beg to be used with a < 11" barrel.

cxd213

Dec 21, 2012
    Few more things to nitpick after playing with the stock more:

- I've had the right taper pin fall out on me twice now while in use, going to need to replace this with a new one
    - The stock isn't able lock in the first (shortest) position, the grove in which it is intended to sit can't reach the release bolt
    - I wish they'd come up with a way to be able to tighten the buffer extension without the use of a clamp
    - At times the stock doesn't slide completely free

It feels like the left taper pin is working itself out now, too.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Installed one (but not from Engage, I jumped the gun!) on my Colt Commando clone. I'm liking it. Definitely a different feel, but enough meat to still grab a cheek weld.

You need to blue Loc-tite those taper screws, IMHO.

Attachments

• IMG_0797.jpg
      IMG_0797.jpg
      46.5 KB · Views: 803

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Few more things to nitpick after playing with the stock more:

- I've had the right taper pin fall out on me twice now while in use, going to need to replace this with a new one
    - The stock isn't able lock in the first (shortest) position, the grove in which it is intended to sit can't reach the release bolt
    - I wish they'd come up with a way to be able to tighten the buffer extension without the use of a clamp
    - At times the stock doesn't slide completely free

It feels like the left taper pin is working itself out now, too.

Could your experienced issues be a symptom of these troublesome taper pins?

cxd213

Dec 21, 2012
    Could be, and probably is. Although, it really doesn't seem like it could latch on the shortest setting even with those perfectly fine. I'm not too worried about it. I'll probably just replace the pins. I really wish they used set screws instead, though.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Talked with you guys about these today. At least yours all came in anodized. These things are awesome and totally worth it for any sbr, but nea needs to step up the quality control. I'm going to start testing with mine for alternatives to the roll pins such as tapping this out and threading for high quality screws and even machining out the last notch on the slide to get it to lock. Once I get eveything figured out I'll put the dimensions on here so you guys can use them. A little fun fact too is that the seekins billet mag release button will replace the one on there and you can grind down a standard steel mag release to match the shape for the back end so replacment parts are easy to come by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom