• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    That's a hard one to pass up at that price. And I do have a dozen lowers lying around...Where do you get magazines?

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Im not a AR guy i actually just sold the only one i had lol it is mildly corrosive but is a amazing round steel core ammo for 13 cents a round delivered to your house /? cant beat it

PCO31

Glockstar
    Mar 3, 2011
    My meager "pile" consists of a few hundred Fiocchi LE 12 gauge roundball rounds, and usually about 2-300 9mm handloads. My goal is to have 1000 9mm at all times and 500 12 gauge rounds. I stopped loading .44 last year, so i only have a couple boxes of 180 grain jhps......i just need someone to carry all this when i 'bug out' ..........

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I dont stockpile pistol ammo if Im using a pistol in a situation like this there is a problem lol
    5.45 is my thing right now so I just bought 2 cases of that. If this polish krink pistol is allowed into the country they will ban the 5.45 surplus like the chicom steel sore stuff so im buying now

I think a pistol would be very needed in SHTF if you need to conceal. You might not be able to walk around with a rifle and a giant military rucksack without getting unwanted attention.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Related question: How do you open those old ammo cans? I saw a video of a guy opening one with a screwdriver and tinsnips. there is a better way right?

I have seen multiple internet forums where people talk about how hard it is to open the cans. I don't really understand that. I just use an old flathead screwdriver and a hammer. I open up 1/4 of the lid, peel it back a little and just dump all the ammo out or just pull out what I need and fold the lid back flat. It takes about 2 minutes of light work.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Depends on the tin. I've had a few that were easy, a few that were hard. Myself, I worry more about cutting myself on those sharp, jagged edges... when I open a tin, the ammo inside gets dumped into proper ammo cans.

I am seriously annoyed with Brownells right now... three weeks later, and they're still not shipping my XM193 and Mini-Mags. Had to resort to buying some steel to hold me over, which I was trying to avoid. Remind me to buy an AK-74 one of these days... at least I know where the world stands on 5.45x39 surplus (ie, there is tons and tons of it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom