• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Didn't know if anyone noticed this, but it looks like Kate has been tweeting a bunch of the pictures she takes at our events. Pretty cool. I see some familiar faces.

https://twitter.com/KateHavard/media/grid

OH.... and if anyone was wondering which side of the fence she stands on. Here is a picture of her proudly displaying her "O" pin.

67895-425x319-MelissaKateHavard.jpg

Mr H

Banana'd
    When interviewing us on the 1st, she was most definitely looking for a slant... She was fishing for any confirmation that we "tell" people how to testify and what to think.

Seems like a nice enough girl, but I was unimpressed with her method.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    When interviewing us on the 1st, she was most definitely looking for a slant... She was fishing for any confirmation that we "tell" people how to testify and what to think.

Duly noted. Investigative journalism just sucks nowadays with the bias that they have.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

Yeah, it was really obvious she wanted us to say we were coaching. But we didn't :)

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I talked to her on Feb 6 and did not perceive any bias. My thoughts were a little disorganized because I was caught off guard for the interview, but she was patient.

She was a contributor to the article in the Post the next day. I looked it up to see if any of my comments made it...they didn't, but the people who were quoted said very similar things, and overall I thought the article was neutral.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The automatic response is usually No Comment . For any (anything) involving you personally should stay that way.

The temptation in this situation is to do likewise. The only dissenting idea is that if "we" don't say anything , they will keep going to either locate a real wackjob , or make somthing up.

IF anyone were to speak with a reporter , they should consider only doing so if they know they can stick to only what they wish to say.

And yes , it would be a fine thing for someone ( not holding a responsable position in any gun or 2A organization ) to invite Ms Harvard to a session at a Safe Facility designed for shooting of Firearms. Worst case scenario would turn out nuetral , and might help.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Most things I've read from her always lean towards anti-2A. Mostly by the way they are worded and described. Pro-2A talk is downplayed and anything anti-2a is described with more detail.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I think it is more of a "product of environment". She isn't a bad person at all, hopefully some of this will allow her to see some things about the 2A movement she has never seen or been around before.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I think it is more of a "product of environment". She isn't a bad person at all, hopefully some of this will allow her to see some things about the 2A movement she has never seen or been around before.

She is trying to get her work published. Her bias or lack thereof is not an issue. It is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that by speaking with the press you legitimize their self appointed role as arbiter of truth. This must end.

"I only speak with licensed journalists."

Also consider how ineffective the press really is at helping the Gov right now. We do not need their help. They have destroyed their own credibility, and we should help them continue to do so.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom