• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NINJASNIPER

Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore Maryland
    Im saving up to buy my first HBAR. My questions are what brand should i go for? Where should i buy it at? Upgrades if any should i invest in? Finally what should i look for when purchasing?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Ninja pLEAse,

Always wanted to say that. :)

There are several threads already on this subject here in this forum. Most any of the Industry Partners gun shops will give you good advice and fair price. Check out Constitutiinal Firearms, they are having a 10% off sale right now.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Lou at Shooter's Discount usually has the Colt Hbars 6721?, for around $989 or so. That would be my choice. Also saw on here that Gun Connection had them for about the same price. Get the Colt, will hold value. You can by a basic S&W for around $750 but it's pretty stripped.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    sorry about that. no access to a computer makes it hard for me to scroll through the forums on my cell phone

Your right. It's not easy on a phone, also the info you need is all over the place. This thread is needed. Here's an attempted one on same topic: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=147691&page=2

A little advice from a non AR guy (me): make sure it's stamped Hbar on the barrel. Get an adjustable stock, rail on top.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Heres advice from Farnam:

I like my M4s light, handy, short, slim, slick and fast! I like
    zero-magnification, compact optics (Aimpoint), forward-mounted and out of my face.
    I like my optic mounted on a quick-release base, so I can get rid of it
    fast when it breaks or frosts-over. The base needs to be the correct height
    for center, co-witnessing of iron sights. I like foldable, but center
    co-witnessed, iron-sights that I can deploy quickly when my optic goes dead. I
    like a small, but powerful, coaxial flashlight, also forward mounted. I
    like a Vickers or SLY two-point sling, with suspension-points on the left
    side (for right-handers). I like a vortex-style flash-hider, telescoping
    stock, and a trigger-guard that accommodates gloved fingers. I like unused
    portions of rail filled-in with rubber ladders, so they don't cut my hand.
    Extractor spring needs a MGI "D-Ring." Trigger needs to be crisp, breaking
    at five to six pounds, and with a snappy reset. Finally, I like the rifle
    NP3'ed on the inside and Roguarded on the outside ("Rogatti" Treatment).
    The bolt and bolt-carrier, in particular, need to be NP3'ed.

Genuine NATO 5.56x45 chamber, with adequate leade.
    So, it won't be popping primers, nor experiencing pressure spikes, Ned Christianson's, famous NATO chamber-reamer.

Barrel twist is 1:7. Barrel is fluted for weight reduction.

Chamber is chrome-lined.

Here is what I don't like on serious rifles, and thus what you won't find
    on the FSM4:

Ambidextrous/enlarged/extended manual safety lever, bolt-release.
    Critical controls facing to the outside as the rifle is carried is an invitation
    to disaster, and a serious rifle doesn't need maladroit protrusions sticking
    out into space in any event!

"Battery-assist" devices. The only "control" within the trigger-guard
    should be the trigger!

Rubber "accurizers." These chunks of rubber are wedged between the lower
    and upper receivers in an effort to take "play" out of the system. In
    actual use, they negatively affect reliability and sometimes break apart, with
    pieces falling into the trigger sump and causing all manner of problems!

Fixed stock. Stock length needs to be instantly adjustable in order to
    accommodate different users, changes in clothing, etc.

Flat crown and flash hider.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Colt 6721 and you are done. You are getting a great, well made rifle.

If you want to spend a bit less, you could go for the Wyndham. Built by the same folks that produced the original Bushmaster.

The choices of accessories are yours for the choosin', and you can do (almost) whatever you want to it..... Everything fits.

Be aware with the heavier barrel, accessories up front will affect your ability to hold the rifle steady when standing. Heavy barrels are indeed, somewhat heavy. :rolleyes:

Also agree with MM, don't mess with anything that doesn't say HBAR on the barrel.

Maryland, has its collective head up it's a$$, and they can easily criminalize you with a change in the wind direction.

NINJASNIPER

Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore Maryland
    ok guys thanks i think i am going to go with the colt 6271. i currently have $250 saved up for it so far just wanted to know what i should be getting for my money. i will post pictures once i have gotten it

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    ok guys thanks i think i am going to go with the colt 6271. i currently have $250 saved up for it so far just wanted to know what i should be getting for my money. i will post pictures once i have gotten it

Go for it! Start skipping dinner if you have to!

lol

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    If in fact you are an actual ninja and sniper, this question should be easy. Ninji your way into the public library to sign on to a computer. With the education you received in one or more sniper schools you should be able to search your criteria fairly quickly here on the the forums.

When you find a location that has a suitable weapon for a ninja sniper (black to match your robes is a MUST) you can run and leap from building top to building top to arrive there.

If funding is an issue you can get some contract work from your local warlord or search craigslist for "shinobi for hire"

Sayonara

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    If in fact you are an actual ninja and sniper, this question should be easy. Ninji your way into the public library to sign on to a computer. With the education you received in one or more sniper schools you should be able to search your criteria fairly quickly here on the the forums.

When you find a location that has a suitable weapon for a ninja sniper (black to match your robes is a MUST) you can run and leap from building top to building top to arrive there.

If funding is an issue you can get some contract work from your local warlord or search craigslist for "shinobi for hire"

Sayonara

Or just get a used PS3 and work your way up to it with points. :lol2:

Feb 28, 2013
    Not sure. My Colt and Bushy HBAR's are both 1:9.

My SP1 has a pencil barrel on it, so I'm not sure about that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom