**NOT A GUN DEAL** But 99% of us will need it!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I've used Turbo Tax the last two years, but has anyone used it after a move (to a new state)? I'm guessing I'll have to pay to download the extra state. Just wondering if it will handle this pretty seamlessly or if I should just look for a tax guy and then return to Turbo Tax next year.

edit: is it back up to $50 on amazon for everyone else?

zombie killer

Sep 11, 2013
    I keep wondering if I should try this or just stick it out with my accountant because I already use him for my business and my returns are always complicated.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Turbo Tax doesn't "get" you a better refund. You do that by leveraging Turbo Tax's interview feature and following it through to completion. There are going to be instances, where you may be eligible for a break, but only your TAX ACCOUNTANT can tell you for sure. Turbo Tax will always disclaim this.....

I have used TT for years now. The synergy I get is that my prior data, both personal and from prior entries (brokerage accounts, etc) dumps into my next year seamlessly and my info feeds over, whereas I do not have to re-enter names and numbers. Also it has many plug in's from a LOT of brokerage companies. I use Fidelity, Scottrade and T Rowe, and they have worked flawlessly as of recent returns. Earlier they were klugy. My returns are not that complicated. I own a house, and have lots of investments.

One place TT is mediocre is MLPs. If you own MLPs, TT has forms that are more or less "general". I have found that not all of the MLPs report the same way and sometimes you have to drive a square peg into a round hole to report the information. I have at least once chose the wrong field and suddenly I owe money, which shouldn't happen for that investment type until much much later. Every year TT gets "better" with MLPs. Some have even created a download file that can be imported. But that is not common. You would think based on the complexity of MLPs that companies would just do this... But hey, I have no idea how much work it is so who am I to say. :rolleyes:

I will be buying TT again this year as I do every year. I am satisfied with it and like what I get. 39 is not a bad deal for making the process much less complicated.

Regarding your state taxes at least in MD, they do have online filing which is not a bad system. The hardest part is "finding" the deductions and additions in their list, but otherwise it is just plugging your data from your federal return into the online form, and wham, it just submits it for you no muss or fuss. I wouldn't pay for a TT state package for MD it is a waste of time in my opinion.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I've used Turbo Tax the last two years, but has anyone used it after a move (to a new state)? I'm guessing I'll have to pay to download the extra state. Just wondering if it will handle this pretty seamlessly or if I should just look for a tax guy and then return to Turbo Tax next year.

edit: is it back up to $50 on amazon for everyone else?

I show it 39 for Amazon Prime members. The rest of the rank and file slaves have to pay full price. :rolleyes:

Heck that right there is a good reason to sign up for Amazon Prime if you are not already a member. You will take 10 bucks off your Prime membership right there.....

EDIT: OK see what you are saying advertised but not showing in cart correctly... Working on that....

EDIT 2: Add it to your cart, checkout, and discount will show. Again only for Amazon Prime members.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I show it 39 for Amazon Prime members. The rest of the rank and file slaves have to pay full price. :rolleyes:

Heck that right there is a good reason to sign up for Amazon Prime if you are not already a member. You will take 10 bucks off your Prime membership right there.....

EDIT: OK see what you are saying advertised but not showing in cart correctly... Working on that....

EDIT 2: Add it to your cart, checkout, and discount will show. Again only for Amazon Prime members.

Not tog get off topic or anything but I really think Amazon Prime is great for anyone who places a few orders a month on Amazon. Free 2 day shipping is awesome and so is $3 overnight shipping.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    Not tog get off topic or anything but I really think Amazon Prime is great for anyone who places a few orders a month on Amazon. Free 2 day shipping is awesome and so is $3 overnight shipping.

who doesn't have Amazon prime nowadays? especially if you get it for 45 like I do!

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Been using H+R Blocks site for free with free e-file for years. MD will allow you to free e-file through there site as well. It takes me about an hour to go through H+R's site and maybe 30 minutes for the MD site.

H+R does a PDF of your return for your records. If you go the free route you'll just have to reenter your data next year. If you pay they save it and preload for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom