• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Well I don't know where they might look but they have to try and find anything that they could deny you for.

As far as 90 days. It says that they must act on your application within 90 days. it never says that it must be completed within 90 days. They have obviously acted on your so now they can take as long as they want.

I wonder if they consider cashing your check as acting on it.
    At least for me, cashing the check and sending of my info to CJIS is all that has been done so far.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Not a SINGLE person in Cecil County has been contacted about an interview or had their references called, anyone have information to the contrary?

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Well I don't know where they might look but they have to try and find anything that they could deny you for.

As far as 90 days. It says that they must act on your application within 90 days. it never says that it must be completed within 90 days. They have obviously acted on your so now they can take as long as they want.

I really don't care what they think it means, after 90 days (if there is no stay in place), I'm gonna be contacting them.

You can't "delay" a civil right indefinitely. Some day they will have to explain why PA can print you a permit while you wait, but MD takes a year.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    I really don't care what they think it means, after 90 days (if there is no stay in place), I'm gonna be contacting them.

You can't "delay" a civil right indefinitely. Some day they will have to explain why PA can print you a permit while you wait, but MD takes a year.

While I agree with you, I expect you will have a fight on your hands.

I spoke to my lawyer a few weeks ago and we discussed this very topic. His words were that no decision was the same as a rejection since both would leave you without a permit implying that you would have grounds for a case. Rightly or wrongly, my guess is that MD doesn't care and is going to force you to force them through a court.

If you pursue it in court, you will not get your decision before Judge Legg decides whether or not to make the temporary stay permanent. Since this is what MD wants anyway, it looks like they will win this one no matter what we do :mad54:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Can I ask a small favor of those of you that are posting about your interview, could you please put the date you application was received by MSP so the rest of us (or at least me) can try to figure out how bad we are being skipped over.

Mr H

Banana'd
    If you pursue it in court, you will not get your decision before Judge Legg decides whether or not to make the temporary stay permanent. Since this is what MD wants anyway, it looks like they will win this one no matter what we do :mad54:

IANAL, but...

My gut feeling (and it's nothing more than that), is that Judge Legg issued the stay in the interest of thoroughness only, allowing each side to finalize its last bits before he fully implements his decision. This leaves a more solid basis for CA4 to act quickly, IMO, but again... IANAL.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Please explain - my comments are specifically around us being able to force their hand before Legg maskes his decision about the stay. What on earth can be do to make MD make a decision before the Judge does?

I read the last part as you were saying no "matter what" they are going to get their way. I would argue anyone who is denied for ANY reaon at his point will likely have the same ultimate outcome as Mr. Woollard. ;)

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Please explain - my comments are specifically around us being able to force their hand before Legg maskes his decision about the stay. What on earth can be do to make MD make a decision before the Judge does?

Right now there is a temporary stay in effect. They can deny your application today for not having G&S reasons. Be glad that they are holding them.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    We will. It may take a couple of years. The MSP is going to have to change how they do things. They don't have the man-power to continue with their current permitting scheme. Also, once G&S is gone, the only thing they can use to reject you is a criminal history/severe mental illness (that's another story). This is a fundamental right, and the government can only restrict is in very specific circumstances. There will be no need for an interview. You can be a smelly mountain man who is abrasive and dislikes the police, but if you have no criminal history or serious mental illness (very narrowly defined), they can't keep you from getting a permit.

I think that even in PA when you get your CCW you have to go to the local LEO whoever handles it, is that not correct?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I think that even in PA when you get your CCW you have to go to the local LEO whoever handles it, is that not correct?

The Local Sheriff's office processes your application.

The information is entered into a PA state database, and you are issued a permit (once you pay, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom