• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    In some ways the worse and more ridiculous it gets, the better as it makes it more clear in court that they are just making things up. That said, you need a lawsuit to reverse it and who knows if that will ever happen and could be years. I just don't see how this less than 29" thing is going to stand. Its just going to cause to many issues. MSP was correct the first time when they said FSA did not touch NFA. They should have stuck with it. I would still not be shocked to see MSP reverse themselves on this. The trouble they are having with this just can not be worth it and with no end in sight....

It's been pretty clear that we can't bank on the judiciary being our ally. The worse and more ridiculous it gets the worse it gets for us because challenging this in court isn't, hasn't and won't be easy. I wouldn't expect miracles from any MD court.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I dunno. The MSP had the perfect opportunity to back off on the issue when EA filed the lawsuit about copycats and SBRs, and they decided it was worth their time (and our money) to fight it. Maybe they'll turn around on it, but it's gonna be a while....

I don't know that MSP would reverse itself before the possibility of getting it dismissed outright was off the table. I do not pretend to know the ins and outs of process going on here.... however it seems that a motion to dismiss is a very simple thing and if granted makes it all go away without much trouble. If its not granted, then they have to prepare a real defense. I must admit to not really be following the Engage lawsuit much so far, so maybe I am missing something. I gather we are waiting to hear if the motion to dismiss will be granted? I just don't see how they are going to be able to defend it but who knows...

It's been pretty clear that we can't bank on the judiciary being our ally. The worse and more ridiculous it gets the worse it gets for us because challenging this in court isn't, hasn't and won't be easy. I wouldn't expect miracles from any MD court.

Oh I am with you there! I was for Referendum just to give the people of MD another year of buying these firearms, assuming the referendum would fail. It probably had about as much chance as a Republican winning the Governor's seat right?... ;) FSA is much more likely to see a serious lawsuit than a fringe item like SBRs and SBSs. I was just pointing out that sometimes when the Government really oversteps its better than if they just slightly overstep as it makes their whole position look to be without foundation. For example a total gun ban will be a lot easier to defeat than a ban on making new MGs...

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I have an email from Cpl Edwards when I went through this mess about the handgun roster. It states that you only have to submit it to the roster if YOU SELL the rifle, not make one. PM me your email address and I can forward you the chain.

matt_yamaha_guy_450

Jun 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Hey everyone just a heads up! I have been following this thread and I was bummed to read all of the issues since i submitted an e form-1 on 11/14/14 i wasn't sure of the outcome. I just checked my e-mail and I was approved as of yesterday!! For (2) 10.5" sbr's one 9mm and one 5.56 hope this gives you all some hope. Needless to say I am very happy!!!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Hey everyone just a heads up! I have been following this thread and I was bummed to read all of the issues since i submitted an e form-1 on 11/14/14 i wasn't sure of the outcome. I just checked my e-mail and I was approved as of yesterday!! For (2) 10.5" sbr's one 9mm and one 5.56 hope this gives you all some hope. Needless to say I am very happy!!!
    Interesting. Who was your approver?

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I just received the e-mail saying approved i did not see anywhere with a name maybe the form will be in the mail today?? :)

This is great news!! Plus it looks like approval times have dropped again to 30 days and under! Please let this thing be over, I got 2 forms that are waiting to be filed!:sad20:

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Just called again. Mr. Dicken couldn't give me a strait go, but he said they're actively working it (legal council). For those like myself, be prepared to resubmit and make sure to add some sort of cover letter or document citing the previous disapproved ID and Permit number. We might get some expedient treatment ;)

matt_yamaha_guy_450

Jun 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Just called again. Mr. Dicken couldn't give me a strait go, but he said they're actively working it (legal council). For those like myself, be prepared to resubmit and make sure to add some sort of cover letter or document citing the previous disapproved ID and Permit number. We might get some expedient treatment ;)

It must be a go if i just got the news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom