• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    If we can set this up it would be a great excuse to get a second skeet thrower for the back deck. I could probably get EPPS1919 to bring the Gatling over and get some fresh stickers for the dueling trees.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    A reminder for those interested that State Circle airs on MPT Fridays at 7:30PM. They will likely have something on Gun Day either this week or next week, so set your DVRs accordingly.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Back home after leaving this morning at 10am.

We did well today on many levels. Things are coming around, certainly not as fast as we'd like, but coming around all the same.

Get to do it again on Thursday.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    HB 45 (HB 430, HB 488, & HB 1135) Color commentary of testimonies

Testimony started promptly at 1PM with Del Smigiel, followed by better than 30 MSI and regular citizens in support that ran until @ 3:30. Then followed almost two hours of grilling of the 2 lonely MSP representatives, who were the designated whipping boys from their Commander and Gov. Owe’Malley. They offered nothing in defense and a lot of comic relief using expert opinions like … habada, habada, habada, and factual information like “We know good and substantial when we see it”.

Del Smigiel did point out some interesting statistics during his opening remarks …

42,000 CCWs have been issued in MD. 1/3 were for law enforcement (more on that later), 1/3 were for bankers, merchants, and health professionals, and of the last 1/3 only 1.8% were for persons needing for it self-defense. So what about the remainder of the last 1/3 … you guessed it ... for politicians and connected individuals. As I mentioned in an earlier posting, he and Norton used this data to bookend the whole afternoon’s testimony.

My judgment of the reactions from the Delegates on the Judiciary Committee ...

Of the 22 Delegates in attendance, 9 had positive questions and responses, 1 had a negative (but entirely irrelevant) question, and the remainder except for the Chairman, were too busy doing their e-mail (or playing Farmville) to bother to listen let alone comment, including Del. Conaway whose mouth was full of crow thus rendering him unable to speak. He did offer a question, but had his ‘proxy’ Del. Arora speak for him using the ‘it’s for the children’ plea in hopes of eliciting sympathy from the MSI members testifying who are parents. I think that they finally decided that we had a better idea on how protect our kids.

Del Alston was very impressive with her pointed questions regarding costs and fees generated, obviously wanting to pin down MSP on what they thought it would ultimately cost if the law were changed, and get them to fess up that they were really there to wrangle this into a funding issue that the Dems could shoot down claiming a $1B deficit (that wasn't noticed until AFTER Owe'Malley was re-elected). She gathered very good data from Ken Brown who runs one of the more successful Utah CCW training courses … and surprisingly very little from the MSP.

Del Dwyer was his regular 2A self, but it’s always great to hear him speak on our behalf. He did say that he didn’t have a CCW, even though he could get one for just being a Delegate, and that he probably needed one due to his reputation and his day job. But, he didn’t want his position to represent yet another we/they example.

Del. Kelly was the most succinct, even though he was in and out a number of times during testimony. He asked the MSP whether they had consulted with their fellow officers in surrounding states (with CCW) as to what additional burdens or expense that put on them in comparison to Maryland. That’s when the Lt. started with the ‘habada, habada, habada’ explanations which continued pretty much till the end of his testimony. I think the answer he finally gave was something like; “Yes, we have that data, and no I won’t tell you what it is”.

The set-up and execution was classic. Calling out Del Conaway’s father’s thrice denied-by-MSP CCW as a prime example of crony favoritism of the ‘good and substantial’ non-criteria for one third of MD’s CCW demographic, then ending MSP’s testimony with an un-rolling the cumulative rap sheet of LEOs-with-a-record for the other third.

And We The People are of the great unwashed third.

Bookends to a perfect session ... Legislative theatre at it's best. I couldn't have bought a better ticket, or had one fixed for that matter. :innocent0

Now, let’s hope that it gets beyond Chairman Vallario’s desk drawer.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

here's one of the videos....maybe i won't record in hd next time...man that took a long time to download.

funny parts...
    1:34
    3:00
    5:00
    8:30
    8:55(alston's reaction is hilarious in the background)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Back home after leaving this morning at 10am.

We did well today on many levels. Things are coming around, certainly not as fast as we'd like, but coming around all the same.

Get to do it again on Thursday.

Yes, absolutely. Most sincere thanks to you; all of you that spoke out, attended, or otherwise supported! Your efforts make us all safer; the truth is obvious, even our 'opposition' is realizing this.

Like many of you, I want my loved ones; responsible, law-abiding citizens that I have personally trained to be able to lawfully carry a concealed handgun for personal defense.

Several of my family members legally carry in other states, but here in Maryland, an otherwise law-abiding citizen might lose their job or face serious legal expenses defending themselves.

There are serious and significant problems with Maryland gun laws. I am ashamed that political ambitions are hindering necessary reforms that will result in lowering violent crime and saving lives here in Maryland.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Fantastic video, smokey! Thanks!

I'm uploading dwyer now. i've got a ton more...including some showing which members were surfing the web or sleeping during testimony.(no worries norton...none showing you speaking or your face)

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I'm uploading dwyer now. i've got a ton more...including some showing which members were surfing the web or sleeping during testimony.(no worries norton...none showing you speaking or your face)

Playing Farmville on their FaceBook accounts ... :innocent0

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    Smokey thanks for the vids!
    Thanks to Norton and everyone there for putting in a long day and doing the work for all of us...including gunowners who don't even frequent MD Shooters.

MSP looked like fools, and that was only in the 2 videos we saw.

wow.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If we could just get that guy who opposes the bill because it's not unpermitted carry to stop opposing we would be in buisness.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I wonder if we could extract a screen grab of the people not paying attention

the video I'm currently uploading is very damning. Alston is the ONLY one giving don attention. I was impressed with her for a variety of reasons today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom