• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Weather getting Nice, have to dig out my mud boots or hope for a dry week to get some range time. The bad thing is if it was nice everyone would be out. Park service hasn't figured out they could make money by opening a couple more ranges. So much for Park management. They can close the road to pave 20 feet but can't add another range in 30+ years. (Dreaming)

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Weather getting Nice, have to dig out my mud boots or hope for a dry week to get some range time. The bad thing is if it was nice everyone would be out. Park service hasn't figured out they could make money by opening a couple more ranges. So much for Park management. They can close the road to pave 20 feet but can't add another range in 30+ years. (Dreaming)

If it was up to the Md. park service there would probably be no ranges at all in this backward state.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    LOL, figured I'd have it to myself in the rain today, but nope, 3 lanes already taken when I got there, and more folks rolled in as I was unloading. I'm almost dried out now!

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    That's funny. I was there from 10-noon or so on Saturday. Sunny, 30 degrees. I was warm with just a regular jacket on. The only other person there left within 5 minutes of me showing up.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Any Walmart store that sells hunting/fishing licenses. The annual pass even if purchased today will expire sometime this summer, I think maybe in July. They are not good for 12 months from purchase. Doesn't matter if you can visit the range often but if just once in awhile you can buy a day pass at the range for $5.00.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    who else sells the passes for Myrtle now that Fred's is closed?

http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/service/agents_southern.asp#mch

Myrtle Grove Annual Access Passes

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/publiclands/southern/myrtlegrove.asp

https://compass.dnr.maryland.gov/dnrcompassportal

Set up an account and get a Seasonal Range permits for $20 Good for the season which is End of July 2014 until July 2015 or pay $5 per person each time you go.
    A permit is required for everyone age 18 and older. Shooters 17 and younger MUST have a hunter safety certificate and be accompanied by someone 18 or older with a valid range permit.

Myrtle Grove has an eight-station firearm shooting range, trap range, and three-station archery range are open for public use by permit. Rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader and pistol target shooting are permitted.

The range is closed during deer firearms season.

Hours of operation

March through October:
    Sunday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
    Monday from 1:00 pm to 6:pm
    Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.

November through February:
    Sunday and Monday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
    Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

The range will open at 9:00 am on any Monday that falls on a State Holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom