ONLINE SURVEY - let's get some accurate numbers on application submissions!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    I took the survey. Sorry, was on the treadmill, hearing Rocky theme in my head. I know, Rocky wasn't a wrestler. :o

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

He means he did the survey, it's done; accomplished, defeated it.

I did too. Good idea this survey, but there are probably twice as many applications going by people who don't participate here.

Once more people get the good word, and the appeal is behind us, tens of thousands will apply. Wisconsin went from 'no issue' to 'shall issue' overnight; they skipped 'may issue'. They doubled their estimates of applications. People realized it was possible and did something great.

Maryland is no longer without hope. The excuse to do nothing because it will never happen in Maryland is gone. Now is the time to get active, we are at the tipping point. Get involved; this is happening and we need every voice.

Troll

Feb 1, 2011
    Application submitted last week

Submitted application on 3/14. Friend submitted his on 3/15

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I'm not sure I want to apply just yet. I don't want to waste the money by a denial.
    I don't see what the big deal is with applying, It cost me around $160 total including postage to submit my application, most of us who go to the range will spend that much on ammo and other stuff to go shooting a couple of times. If I'm denied I'm sure I'll here "I told you so", but I will at least be able to say I tried.:)

Knuc

Apr 1, 2009
    Allegany County
    UPDATED****

Sent 3/14/2012 @ 14:28 USPS
    Expected Delivery 3/15/2012
    Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available) ????????
    Delivered 3/15/2012 10:50

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Done,but consider this, if the worst happens, MSP will revoke the permit and not only will you loose your permit and money, you won't be able to get any another states permit because yours was revoked byMSP and if you already have another states permit, it will automatically be void!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why would that be? I would think if a person did meet the standards in Maryland why would they not meet the standards in other states. Clearly Maryland is much more strict then the many other states that it is much easier to get a carry permit. Assuming the reason you get turned down is not because you broke the law in some way.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I'm not sure I want to apply just yet. I don't want to waste the money by a denial.

Any other time I would agree. I don't have money to waist either. But in light of the new court case decision applying now carries more meaning behind it. If you apply not it is showing the state (and the court) where most people stand. For example if no one applies after the outcome of this court decision, the state during their appeal can say to the court the lack of application proves that most people do not care to carry firearms.

So applying or not applying at this time is much like voting or not voting. And if you don't vote, you do not have the right to complain.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Also knowing how this state is in every other area in the way of taxes and grabbing every cent they can from you to do what knows with, I very surprised they do not consider the income they would get from all of the apps as well as all of the renewal money.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I don't see what the big deal is with applying, It cost me around $160 total including postage to submit my application, most of us who go to the range will spend that much on ammo and other stuff to go shooting a couple of times. If I'm denied I'm sure I'll here "I told you so", but I will at least be able to say I tried.:)

My friends and I usually carpool when going to the range (since it's an easy hour way). it helps to save a little bit where you can.

For the livescan we're doing the same thing, as I said before: every little bit helps. :)

The tough part was coordinating the schedules of 5 people during work hours with the availability the MVA was offering.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I wonder where the real problem lies. I know there are some police out there that feel they should be the only ones carrying. But I have talked to many police about it and they all tell me that they feel Maryland would be a safer place if everyone could carry. So is the problem with the upper management of the MSP or is the problem just with the MD politicians?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom