• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmac

Jan 24, 2011
    St. Marys County, Maryland
    So today was a good range day, Al was there and Wilcam was too, there were no tatical banana hammocks and everyone was pretty safe, no drama. Got my wife to shoot my AKM and I think I have been given the green light to getting another, you know for her :) ... saw the most pathetic shooting of a FOR~TAY I have ever seen in my life but we won't mention any names (yes it was me)
    But all in all a good day!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm getting ready to load up some rounds for tomorrow, got to test my upper...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You 2 have my sympathies.

Aside from fat women in thongs, I have no known allergies - yet.

MdMedic

Jan 15, 2010
    Mechanicsville, Md.
    Was there today to try my 2022 for the first time. Shot like a dream. 200+ rounds without so much as a hiccup. Woulda shot more, but folks were lining up. Only problem is, I walked away and left my targets there. Oh well, someone has a stack of paper targets with my compliments.

jmac

Jan 24, 2011
    I'm getting ready to load up some rounds for tomorrow, got to test my upper...

How did the upper test go?

Mdeng & mrozowjj that sucks about your alergies hope you guys are feeling better!

I will be up there tomorrow, with a noob from my work, wish me luck :) (should be all good, been going over the rules with him for the last couple weeks)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Didn't make it down to the Grove, cheaped out and did some test-fires here on my home range instead of driving almost an hour, seems to be working as it should, ejects cleanly and consistently, fires as a semi-auto should, zero seems to be pretty close to where it was before I pulled the optics off to ship it for service.

I'll probably go down Friday, got to be in accokeek that morning, so might as well take care of 2 things while I'm in the area.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    How did the upper test go?

Mdeng & mrozowjj that sucks about your alergies hope you guys are feeling better!

I will be up there tomorrow, with a noob from my work, wish me luck :) (should be all good, been going over the rules with him for the last couple weeks)

I"m planning on being there tomorrow right when they open at 9. If you see someone with an AR and a Walther say hi.

jmac

Jan 24, 2011
    Didn't make it down to the Grove, cheaped out and did some test-fires here on my home range instead of driving almost an hour, seems to be working as it should, ejects cleanly and consistently, fires as a semi-auto should, zero seems to be pretty close to where it was before I pulled the optics off to ship it for service.

I'll probably go down Friday, got to be in accokeek that morning, so might as well take care of 2 things while I'm in the area.

What do you mean it fires like a semi-auto should? Bolt actions semi-autos are the best toys I own :)
    Glad to heart he test worked out.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No 3 to 5 round burst this time around, always a nice thing.

Still, should try to hit the range and do a bit more an extended test session, and re-check zero at 100, although I'm playing with handloads again, so I probably won't be too concerned with fine zero till I have a load finalized.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    My little brother and dad at Myrtle Grove shooting my M1 Garand. I have yet to hold it and it'll be another 6 months until I get to. :( It's a vid by the way

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I call BS hahaha

I know next to nothing about reloading, what will determine you final good to go mix?

Mdeng can vouch for the burst fire, he witnessed it... :o

For me, it'll be watching for signs of excess pressure on the spent casings, if my primer's don't flatten out, I'll be on the right path till I get a chance to chronograph them and see what velocities I'm getting.

I went completely back to square one for my AR reloads. I'll probably be doing it again, going to switch to 62gr FMJ, 55gr FMJ is cheap, but I like the idea of just a touch more weight - and it shoots well out of my guns.

jmac

Jan 24, 2011
    Mdeng can vouch for the burst fire, he witnessed it... :o

For me, it'll be watching for signs of excess pressure on the spent casings, if my primer's don't flatten out, I'll be on the right path till I get a chance to chronograph them and see what velocities I'm getting.

I went completely back to square one for my AR reloads. I'll probably be doing it again, going to switch to 62gr FMJ, 55gr FMJ is cheap, but I like the idea of just a touch more weight - and it shoots well out of my guns.

I believe you, I just want to give you greif. I am a younger brother, I can't help myself sometimes.

What is the twist rate on your upper? There was someone that brought up a chronograph to the Grove last year, but I never caught the guys name (I know... no help jmac) Dan might know who said person was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom