• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    The search feature is either not bringing up what I need or m searching the wrong thing. Can anyone point me to actual wording in the law that clarifies the legality of unblocking my pinned mags out of state? I go to my property in va to shoot all the time so I could easily do this on my own. I need to be very sure I am not running afoul of the law for my job it is important to be able to truthfully say I haven't done so.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The search feature is either not bringing up what I need or m searching the wrong thing. Can anyone point me to actual wording in the law that clarifies the legality of unblocking my pinned mags out of state? I go to my property in va to shoot all the time so I could easily do this on my own. I need to be very sure I am not running afoul of the law for my job it is important to be able to truthfully say I haven't done so.

MD Law
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...on=4-305&ext=html&session=2015RS&tab=subject5

A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Note that the word "possess" does NOT appear in the statue cited.

Exactly.

If we want to make it very simple and clear, since the Maryland state law only applies to things that take place in Maryland just take each clause from this sentence:

A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

Break them out and add "in Maryland" to the end, thus:

A person may not manufacture, in Maryland
    sell, in Maryland,
    offer for sale, in Maryland,
    purchase, in Maryland,
    receive, in Maryland,
    or transfer, in Maryland
    a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

It does not say you can not possess, in Maryland, a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm. You just can't manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive or transfer them here. All of those things are perfectly legal to do out of state.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    And in fact, I have already done a physical ownership transfer of all my standard capacity magazines, legally, in PA, to my heirs. I know that because my will says so :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Is this hard to do? (Out of state of course)

It depends on how they are limited.

So have a pin (easy) or a block (easy). Others have a short mag body, with a tall base plate (hard).

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Why the trouble ? When you go to your VA property just buy normal mags

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Thanks guys. This may be the thousandth time I've said this... What a stupid damn law.

And let's keep saying it!

"What a stupid damn law."

If the thought police were listening to mine, it would be the billionth time I've thought this. Kolbe decision in, uh, 2 weeks?

I don't always get standard capacity mags over 10 rounds, but when I do, I drive them across the state line from Virginia of course. Same was true when the limit was 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom