• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    How many people sat on their hands? In the past 6 years, the amount of gun and ammo sales has been insane. Because of Newtown and FSA2013, I bought guns that I probably never would have bought. I have ammunition stockpiled that I never would have stockpiled in the first place. Now, I replace the stock as I shoot it. Probably a lot of people out there just like me. The next Obama or Newtown will not catch us with our pants down. Granted, there are some that still have not gotten everything they want, but I am pretty sure they have almost everything they need.

Just look at the stock prices of gun companies. The gun companies made a killing over the past 6 years. Ruger went from less than $10 a share to somewhere around $70 a share. Now, it is somewhere around $40 a share because the buying slow down has been hitting its financials and profits are nowhere near what they used to be.

Correct, gun stocks are still dropping.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    How many people sat on their hands? In the past 6 years, the amount of gun and ammo sales has been insane. Because of Newtown and FSA2013, I bought guns that I probably never would have bought.

It's a reference to the near future. Complacency is commonplace. Newtown and recent gun legislation across the country will be forgotten memories for most of our country's population before November 2016. Smart phones, Facebook, and reality TV are much more important.

You won't be caught with your pants down. I won't. Neither will most active members of this forum. Yet we represent nothing more than a miniscule fraction of the general population.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    It's a reference to the near future. Complacency is commonplace. Newtown and recent gun legislation across the country will be forgotten memories for most of our country's population before November 2016. Smart phones, Facebook, and reality TV are much more important.

You won't be caught with your pants down. I won't. Neither will most active members of this forum. Yet we represent nothing more than a miniscule fraction of the general population.

I know a lot of people that are not members of this forum that will not be caught with their pants down ever again. Heck, they bought so much stuff in 2013 that they have ensured that their children have serious suspenders for their pants.

As far as 2016 is concerned, I will remember what has transpired from a gun perspective, but even more so from an economic perspective, immigration perspective, 1st Amendment perspective, etc. There are a lot of things to dislike with this current administration and the democratic philosophy in general. I don't mind helping a person when they are down, but I seriously mind helping a person that has never helped themselves other than by having a baby at 16 to obtain welfare, and then another, and then another, and then another to get more and more welfare. I know, we don't want any of these children, in our wonderful nation, to go to bed hungry. So, I would propose that after the first baby, anybody having another baby while on welfare be required to give it up for adoption. It is in the best interests of the child, and the long term health of this nation, that we have producers/makers and not takers.

There is a lot to remember on election day.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    I'm going to start stock piling now. Some good sales at DSG for Black Friday on 9mm and even shotgun shells (not that those necessarily need stock piling). I'll pick up a couple bricks of 22 as well. Always good to have around.

All this metal and dollar value talk is nonsense until the demand drops which as begun for just about everything besides 22.

relco86

Aug 6, 2011
    Moco
    Just looked, that Fiocchi stuff is expensive since thats all they have for .223 but the 9mm isn't bad for 550...

relco86

Aug 6, 2011
    Moco

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I am thinking new models of guns are coming out soon and when the next scare comes up we will all rush to those :) I need to move my ammo stock pile to the first floor! Prices may not drop ... just more sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom