• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    NOT HAPPENING... See post 21

Somewhat short notice, I know, but...

Would anyone be interested in a mentor/mentee Trap and Skeet day at PG??

I've been talking to a lot of folks lately who have never shot at a clay, but haven't known anyone willing to take them out.

If we can get some interest in the next couple days, I can look into putting something together (BTW--if you're more involved at PG than I am hardly ever there ;), please chime in).

Weather permitting, of course, but I think it would be a super fun thing to do.

Morning trap, a simple lunch, afternoon skeet???

Just post in whether you'll be mentor or mentee, and I'll modify as we go.

NOTE: In the interest of economics, if a mentor could provide a shotgun and/or shells, that wouldn't be required, but could be a plus.

I will be bringing several shotguns that I can loan, plus some extra shells.

Last edited:

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I am totally in on this! I've been wanting to learn trap and skeet but have not friends or family who shoot.

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    I would love to jump on board as a mentee with ammo, but won't be able to that weekend. I'll keep an eye out for future opportunities. Thanks for the thought Mr. H.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I'd love to do it in BOTH capacities (mentor/mentee) but I have to work the shop that Friday and Saturday. If we could do it on Sunday 11/30, I'd be in.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    I typically shoot sporting clays (or possibly wobble trap), the day after Thanksgiving. I may be bringing one or two of my girls (19 and 24), but I'd be happy to help mentor, at least in the morning...

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Craptastic.

My wife works that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Me no shoot so good and could use some advice/mentoring.

If this ends up being an ongoing thing, I'd be more than happy to participate and have a gun or two that I could bring along.

With skeet, a single gun can be used among 5 or so people, because everybody shoots the same station as they walk around the course. Same thing could be done for sporting clays. 5 stand and trap require each shooter to have their own gun. That is about all I know when it comes to shooting clays.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I like the idea, but too close to TG. I would love an event like this for my wife and her friend. She wants to try.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I like the idea, but too close to TG. I would love an event like this for my wife and her friend. She wants to try.

If your wife and her friend would like to try trap or skeet, let's coordinate our schedules and I'll help you with it. I have two 20 gauge Beretta 391 shotguns that the women can use, and I know the process of shooting trap, skeet, 5 stand, and sporting clays and can guide you in that regard. I'll let you decide how well I can shoot. The only downside to doing this now is that it is cold.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I'd love to participate, but I'll be celebrating the holiday with my wife's family in Rhode Island...it's the home of the Rhode-eyes, don'cha know! At least there are a couple good gun shops that I can use as an escape from the in-laws.

JoeR

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I have never shot trap and have always wanted to. Would be interested as a 'mentee' can bring my own mossberg 500 and whatever ammo is needed. I will follow for more details, Thanks for putting it together.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    You know what, this is an awesome idea. I think the cold and Thanksgiving weekend are killing it though. I am going to put something on my calendar to start a thread like this after tax season ends. Maybe around the end of April

My dad got me into trap, so I had a good mentor there. However, he knew nothing about skeet, 5 stand, or sporting clays. I remember how skeered I was to try any of those clay games since I had no idea about the process or how to even shoot the targets. Then, I got up the nerve to try them with a couple other buddies at the range and they were all awesome.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    You know what, this is an awesome idea. I think the cold and Thanksgiving weekend are killing it though. I am going to put something on my calendar to start a thread like this after tax season ends. Maybe around the end of April

My dad got me into trap, so I had a good mentor there. However, he knew nothing about skeet, 5 stand, or sporting clays. I remember how skeered I was to try any of those clay games since I had no idea about the process or how to even shoot the targets. Then, I got up the nerve to try them with a couple other buddies at the range and they were all awesome.

The last Sunday of April or the first Sunday of May would be excellent. I was considering doing something like this at CCGC for trap about the same timeframe but you can handle it at PGTS.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom