• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Good morning,

So, I'm getting a bathroom installed in my basement. Should have posted here. Long story short, the lions share is done and I want this guy out. I have various things that need finished from him and some extra things. First, I live in MoCo in Woodmoor. Second, I'm happy to be your boy although it will limit it to weekend work. I'd like to learn.

Okay, the projects.

Upstairs: previously reclaimed attic in Cape Cod. I had spray foam put in the slope ceiling and the residual attic was blown in (house surprisingly tight for 1940). I think there may be a leak in the roof as one of the patches in the common hallway is bubbling. So need a look see from the appropriate people to determine if roof repair/replacement is needed. Once that's figured out then I'll need some drywall repair/finish there.

Ground floor: at least in the kitchen latex was painted over enamel and it's peeling. Don't care to fix what ain't broke but the kitchen at least will need something done to fix that

Basement: I think there's a leak at the back wall with soft drywall. Will need pulled, sealed and new drywall. The adjacent wall had this done by the contractor. Since I'm ready to get his sorry ass out, I'm happy to farm out the taping of the joint where the drywall was replaced on that wall.

I've got a cubby for a safe I got from Dave's fire sale but I need a receptacle installed. I was going to jump from a switch powering the laundry light but that didn't work. Can't remember the jargon but that wiring at the switch just completes the circuit. So, some snaking of wire will be involved.

I need to eventually get the door frames rebuilt (two on ground floor and one basement) and maybe a new door or two. There are some other pie in the sky things I'd like to do such as building a portico cover for the front door, rebuilding and increasing the size of the shed that I'm happy to talk about depending on the total cost of the above.

Like I mentioned, I'd like to learn more of this so I'm happy to be your scut monkey. Since the total can potentially get up there, especially if a new roof is needed, some things I can do like painting, I'll do myself.

So, let me know if you're interested.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom