• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    Looking for a Mini 30. Anyone have one? Prices?

Thanks

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    If you want a wood stock , just pick up a mini 14 stock off ebay. They go for about $40.

Mini 14 stocks are interchangeable with the mini 30. Even better, put it in a folder.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    If you want a wood stock , just pick up a mini 14 stock off ebay. They go for about $40.

Mini 14 stocks are interchangeable with the mini 30. Even better, put it in a folder.

Can you still put a folder on them or is this just bad advice? I know my Mini 14 folder was regulated and now banned.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Can you still put a folder on them or is this just bad advice? I know my Mini 14 folder was regulated and now banned.

The law covers mini 14 only. Mini 30 is good with a folder as long as you do not have a flash hider or grenade launcher.

You can replace the existing flash hider with a brake and you're GTG

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    The law covers mini 14 only. Mini 30 is good with a folder as long as you do not have a flash hider or grenade launcher.

You can replace the existing flash hider with a brake and you're GTG

I wasn't thinking about the evil features, I was thinking about what the AG wrote: "This also suggests that “copies” was intended to relate to components and function, not simply appearance."

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Copies have to have (mostly) interchangeable parts. Thus all the piston ARs being approved by the MSP now. The mini30 has several unique parts. At a minimum: bolt, barrel, flashider, mags, and the receiver has a slightly larger magwell (can't accept 5.56 mags.) Thats pretty much not a parts interchangeable copy.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I wasn't thinking about the evil features, I was thinking about what the AG wrote: "This also suggests that “copies” was intended to relate to components and function, not simply appearance."

Nothing like a vague and broad interpretation there...

So let's see, what "functions" the same as an AR?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    So I'm guessing I can put my Butler Creek folder on my Mini 30, no flash hider? Glad I asked as I had thought it was a copy cat so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom