• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    NOOOOOOOOOOO! Not you Brad! I gotta' change your mind buddy. 20 years with the same old glock, not one gun related problem. What more do you want pal?:D

I kid, I kid.

First semi-auto handgun I ever shot was a G19, and shot quite well with it too. They just don't do much for me. Can never seem to get excited about them, except the 10mm's. :)

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    I have Glocks and I have 1911's. While I prefer my Glock for carry the 1911 is still a sexy firearm and just feels premium.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Unless you've ever owned a Mac, you'll never understand. I can put a brand new hard-drive in a Mac and be up and running, fully restored with all my apps and data in a couple of hours. Windows will take you a couple of days.

I do know why I love Apple, just like I do know why I love GLOCKs.

I can do a bare metal restore on any flavor windows machine in under 40 mins. 1-2 hours if you have a multi TB drive.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I disagree. They knew HOW, they just did not bother.

And Colt has gone through times when quality was a bit spotty. I have a mid 90s Series 80 LW Commander that the link pins falls out of the link and barrel. and the trigger REALLY sucks.

From my understanding, in the 80's, Colt got got rid of of many of their longtime employees and that's when the Colt 1911 started having Q.C. issues.

That's what my mentor told me anyway. He knew some people who were very high up I'm Colt back then.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    That guy in the video is an idiot. First of all they were made in Austria not Australia. Secondly now many are made here in the USA. If you need more than 8 rounds you need more time on the range? The stupidity in that statement speaks for itself. .

The biggest problem though is...who cares? People shoot what they like. Who cares what someone else shoots?

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Maybe this jerk should have bought a GLOCK and used the money he saved for some dental work! Also, maybe go back to school to learn the difference between Austria and Australia.

Seriously, throwing guns in a fire and running over them is not what I do with my guns.

Sarcasm is lost on many!

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Lord Baron Von Chadwick the III. I presume you have never experienced the fine detail work of a Colt 1911 collet bushing?

Oh and to all the Colt 1911 fans. The reason Colts enjoy their high reputation now is because of Springfield Armory and Kimber.

As far as the USGI 1911's and the super high end Wilson Combat and the like. Love 'em.

However, for those seeking excellence today. You can spend $2000-2500 for a USGI primo example. Or $2500-3000 for a Wilson. Or, buy a Geelock, extra mags, a holster and enough ammo to shoot the piss out of it.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i have a handful of 1911/2011's and glocks. my bedside gun is a glock (g31) as is my primary carry weapon (g32). but my 1911/2011s run almost perfectly and i wouldn't hesitate to rely on them, and they are my primary competition guns. and the ergos and triggers are oh so schweeeeet.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    From my understanding, in the 80's, Colt got got rid of of many of their longtime employees and that's when the Colt 1911 started having Q.C. issues.

That's what my mentor told me anyway. He knew some people who were very high up I'm Colt back then.

Not sure why, but they really turned out some crap during that period.

If you ever get back to gunsmithing, I may bring the LW Commander to you for going over and at least bring up to proper standards.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    I love Glocks. A Glock 22 was the first handgun I ever shot and shot well with it.No issues whatsoever and the gun ran perfectly. I actually bought that gun. Ended up selling it and recently bought a Glock 17. Eventually I would like to get a 34 or 35 and a 21.
    I have shot a few 1911's and while they are nice guns it drives me nuts to see guys talking shit about Glocks who spent 1000+ on their 1911 to turn around and have it live on a gunsmiths bench for a while and spend hundreds if not thousands just to get it to be as reliable as my "junk" 500 dollar Glock. Just for the record I will be buying a 1911 of some sort as funds allow and from reading here it looks like I will be a lot farther ahead buying a 500 dollar RIA 1911 than screwing around with the 1000 dollar plus guns that will need the same or more work to get them to run.
    I guess being an auto mechanic makes me learn toward simple things that just work and work properly.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not sure why, but they really turned out some crap during that period.

If you ever get back to gunsmithing, I may bring the LW Commander to you for going over and at least bring up to proper standards.

He will definitely do that. I can't thank him enough for what he did to mine. Flawless.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I have a 1998 Series 80 Combat Commander....if that wasn't bad enough (to some folks), it's two-tone.

That said, I can shoot pretty well with it, it's comfortable for me to shoot, and it has never let me down.

I had a Gen 4 Glock 17 for about a month. It wasn't a bad pistol. It was accurate, comfortable to shoot and reliable. It was a little dull for me because I like to do things to make the pistol my own, and with a Glock, there isn't much you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom