• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peaceful John

May 31, 2011
    Brilliant Politics

This is brilliant anti-gun politics, in my opinion. They are EOs and take effect upon signing. The EOs are "reasonable" in that few people favor arming crazy folks, so it makes Obama appear moderate. The third point is telling: it places the medical community between the 2nd A and actually being armed. That is an important item.

The liberal doctor stating that "So-and-so is unstable and a danger to himself and the community" does not (at this point) have to be trained in these determinations and is not liable for his medical opinion. He can remove a patient's 2nd A rights with no personal or professional consequences. A handful of medical people in a community can do a lot of damage. Pretty soon it becomes conventional wisdom that "anybody who wants a gun is crazy and should not be permitted". At that point the dynamics will have changed. Like I said, it was brilliant politics for his side.

ozwyn

Ultimate Member
    Apr 21, 2008
    Richardson, Texas
    As they are NOT EO's but executive actions, it is political theater.

Pretend to do something big and distrtact the public from the real fires.

If this was the best the President's political will can manage, I can sleep well tonight.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    This is brilliant anti-gun politics, in my opinion. They are EOs and take effect upon signing. The EOs are "reasonable" in that few people favor arming crazy folks, so it makes Obama appear moderate. The third point is telling: it places the medical community between the 2nd A and actually being armed. That is an important item.

The liberal doctor stating that "So-and-so is unstable and a danger to himself and the community" does not (at this point) have to be trained in these determinations and is not liable for his medical opinion. He can remove a patient's 2nd A rights with no personal or professional consequences. A handful of medical people in a community can do a lot of damage. Pretty soon it becomes conventional wisdom that "anybody who wants a gun is crazy and should not be permitted". At that point the dynamics will have changed. Like I said, it was brilliant politics for his side.

I'm pretty sure there are HIPPA laws that severely restrict what an Md can and cannot do

It would take a whole lot more than your GP saying he thought you were crazy for any action to be taken against you.

And quite frankly if you allowed the conversation between you and your Dr to go anywhere other than the topic of the ailment you went to see them over they you're a retard

Last time I saw an Md was for respiratory infection he started to launch into the 20 unrelated questions routine and I had to remind him that I came in for a script to help me kick the respiratory issue and that I'd appreciate it if he would stick to the issue at hand so I could get out, get back to work and so he could stay on schedule and treat his next patient

He STFU, listened to my lungs, wrote the script and I was gone inside of 5 mins.

As to the last point about the hypothesizing about the rogue md.....if would never happen......these md's would be sued so hard and so fast that they would be out of business and destitute on the sidewalk before they could spit

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    As they are NOT EO's but executive actions, it is political theater.

Pretend to do something big and distrtact the public from the real fires.

If this was the best the President's political will can manage, I can sleep well tonight.

I agree, but I'm cautious until everyone has a chance to see all the ink. Just because the White House and the major networks say there is nothing in the proclamations, doesn't mean he hasn't signed something stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom