• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    My farm down in Dorchester which is 350 acres is loaded with turkey. From the beginning of bow season till the end of gun it's not uncommon to see multiple flocks with a minimum of 30 birds. Late muzzleloader I had a flock of 58 birds walk buy. When spring comes around it is tough to call a gobbler with so many hens. I would love to see a fall season for either with a limit of 1 bird. I have seen turkey in all county's on the eastern shore. Hope all that go this year have a great season, ohh don't forget to spray clothing, tics of course.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I kicked up some turkey last late muzzloader season
    at McKee Beshers. I was encouraged to see them, though
    I saw no deer. On a field edge.

bpkeen

Feb 10, 2014
    new to Turkey bowhunting

hey i will take you out around howard county you want a bird I will put you on some fast pm with your # one thing I do well is hunt and know were big deer lay and bird roost..

Saw this message and wonder if your offer still applies...my buddy and I are a couple of Uncle Sam transplants to MD and want to put a bird in the freezer, but have no idea where to start...

bpkeen

Feb 10, 2014
    I live near Fort Meade...but my buddy and I are willing to travel. Could use our shotguns too, just want to say we got one in Maryland.

ebranger

Feb 5, 2014
    Columbia, MD
    My farm down in Dorchester which is 350 acres is loaded with turkey. From the beginning of bow season till the end of gun it's not uncommon to see multiple flocks with a minimum of 30 birds. Late muzzleloader I had a flock of 58 birds walk buy. When spring comes around it is tough to call a gobbler with so many hens. I would love to see a fall season for either with a limit of 1 bird. I have seen turkey in all county's on the eastern shore. Hope all that go this year have a great season, ohh don't forget to spray clothing, tics of course.

+1! They really need a fall season to keep the population in check. It's getting a little out if hand.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    +1! They really need a fall season to keep the population in check. It's getting a little out if hand.

You can never have to much of a good thing! I hunt in Salisbury and ten years ago I never seen a one then the population just blown up in the last five years and I love it.

missing_the_cheese

Dec 29, 2012
    Perry Hall
    I'm looking at getting my license for spring turkey season, I've never hunted so it'll be an experiece for sure. Anyone have a suggestion about areas to hit up in North Baltimore county or Harford County???

EastSiideRyda

Dec 3, 2013
    SoMD
    Anyone familiar with southern Maryland turkey hunting? I just scouted Cedarville, there's 3 flocks but they tend to stay low key in the none hunting areas of the park

jnes5

Apr 10, 2014
    Did anyone have any luck this season in the frederick watershed? I have been out a good number of times watching the open fields but have seen more turkey in the farms than in the watershed. Going to head up tomorrow and hopefully finish out the season with a harvest.

Jasen

Molon Labe
    Jul 30, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I am going to the Frederick watershed Wednesday morning. Is there any good areas to focus on? I'm going very early cause I have to leave for work by 930

mattjans

Feb 19, 2017
    Rockville, MD
    It's probably been said but Patuxent is good. At least I saw 4 turkeys there my first day out by myself. Wasn't too busy either. Seemed busier during COVID, but it's such a big place I bet u can find a spot.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    It's probably been said but Patuxent is good. At least I saw 4 turkeys there my first day out by myself. Wasn't too busy either. Seemed busier during COVID, but it's such a big place I bet u can find a spot.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Holly Resurrection, Batman!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom