• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    This is great news! I could never justify the price of the 77/22, but always wanted a bolt action 22 that used the standard 10/22 mags. This fills the void very nicely. Great price point, and it even has an adjustable trigger standard.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I'd consider one in 22 WMR. I wonder if they have to pay royalties to Savage for the trigger?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Very nice. I'm all in for the 22LR version. Ruger caught a really good groove lately. Nicely-priced, desirable guns one after another.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Ok, now I'm torn. I want a bolt-action rimfire and have been looking at the Savage 93r 17. I like the .17 HMR, but this may change my mind.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I just got this email today from Ruger and I want one. I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea but it's definitely mine.

http://ruger.com/products/americanRimfire/index.html

Kentucky Gun Co. has it for sale for $249/free shipping if anyone is interested.

Damn. Nice!

This looks like exactly what I'm eyeballing for one of my post-Oct1 buys, a nice but not crazy expensive, bolt-action .22 for plinking and practice.

Yep, I want one - must wait until bank balance recovers, though.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This is great news! I could never justify the price of the 77/22, but always wanted a bolt action 22 that used the standard 10/22 mags. This fills the void very nicely. Great price point, and it even has an adjustable trigger standard.

^THIS. I always thought the price of a Ruger 77/22 was insane. This will be in my safe, but it may not be until next year.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I would like to see a left hand version.

I'm left-handed. I only own right-hand bolt rifles. I can cycle them faster than a left-hand bolt. Left-hand bolt rifle parts can be impossible to find as time goes by. Plus I hate limiting myself so much when right-hand choices seem infinite by comparison.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    This is great news! I could never justify the price of the 77/22, but always wanted a bolt action 22 that used the standard 10/22 mags.

Shooting the Ruger American Rimfire Bolt-Action 22 LR Rifle- Gunblast.com:

http://youtu.be/FsDD8nCTaXg

OH! I missed that the first time. It accepts ALL 10/22 magazines, including BX-25 and BX-25x2. BX-25 shown in Jeff's video at link above starting at 03:45. I must have the 22LR version!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom