• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    hey all, fairly new to your forum. My son-in-law in Frederick county needs a gun safe moved from his garage down around back of the house to the basement. he has a basement walk out. he and I got it off the truck but the garage was as far as we could get it, it's a fairly big sucker.

I talked to a safe mover one day out of Boonsboro (IIRC), but I have since lost his number. Anyone know of any safe movers out there working in fredereck county?

many thanks.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    depend on the size of the safe... it will be cheaper to call few friends over and buy them beer.. ;)

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    RJ Lock and Security in Hagerstown. There good people and support 2A. 301-797-7878

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    steve's safes moved my BIL's safe from Ashburn, VA to Baltimore, sure they will do your as well. my BIL and i both bought safes from him and were pleased with the service.

although the last time i posted about him folks were saying he was hard to get in contact with...

CPT Ethanolic

Gun Packing Liberal
    hey all, fairly new to your forum. My son-in-law in Frederick county needs a gun safe moved from his garage down around back of the house to the basement. he has a basement walk out. he and I got it off the truck but the garage was as far as we could get it, it's a fairly big sucker.

I talked to a safe mover one day out of Boonsboro (IIRC), but I have since lost his number. Anyone know of any safe movers out there working in fredereck county?

many thanks.

IF it's just downstairs, seems that 2-3 guys and a dolly should be able to handle it.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    If you can remove the door and move it in two parts that helps. In every safe I've moved most of the weight is in the door. 2-3 guys and a dolly should do it. A floor jack and some 2x4s help with door removal/install.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Id get a couple really dumb guys, maybe a couple ex jarheads or army pukes. They don't feel pain or hernias like people do. :innocent0 Shiny pennies about a dozen or so should work.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I moved recently in frederick county and rented a dolly for $10 and moved it ourselves. If ground is soft get 2 sheets of plywood and alternate to spread the weight.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Is Thompson Safe still in business in Fredneck? If so they should be able to do it.
    I had White Marsh Arms move safe for me a couple of times. Worth every penny. Ask for Jamie. They have the know how and proper tools.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    You could try MD Shooter member - Safecracker. He is in the safe business. His name is Dave and the number is 410-644-1800. He delivered a 1,200 pound safe to my house and we moved it into the basement.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Forget paying anyone...if you need a hand let me know and I will try to make it out there to help.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Is Thompson Safe still in business in Fredneck? If so they should be able to do it.
    I had White Marsh Arms move safe for me a couple of times. Worth every penny. Ask for Jamie. They have the know how and proper tools.

Yep, they were at the show in Frederick still selling them.

7313 Grove Rd
    Suite M
    Frederick, MD 21704

Phone: 301-631-1500

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I feel your pain... I bought a 1500lbs Mosler safe from safecracker that I was planning to lower it down into my basement stairs using the rear bucket of my Case 540E backhoe. Now I am having second thoughts because I am afraid that it may be too much weight. I am going to have to load the front bucket with counterweights and do a test lift in the yard before I get up the nerve to move it into the basement.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    I feel your pain... I bought a 1500lbs Mosler safe from safecracker that I was planning to lower it down into my basement stairs using the rear bucket of my Case 540E backhoe. Now I am having second thoughts because I am afraid that it may be too much weight. I am going to have to load the front bucket with counterweights and do a test lift in the yard before I get up the nerve to move it into the basement.
    Best to winch it down if you have the room and an anchorpoint. I dragged 1800+ lbs up a flight of stairs today. Let me know if you need any advice...

Winged Pig

Aug 20, 2008
    Calvert County
    steve's safes moved my BIL's safe from Ashburn, VA to Baltimore, sure they will do your as well. my BIL and i both bought safes from him and were pleased with the service.

although the last time i posted about him folks were saying he was hard to get in contact with...

+1

Great guy to deal with and very professional.

Winged Pig

Aug 20, 2008
    Calvert County

+1

Great guy to deal with and very professional. He is always at the Chantilly show if you have problems contacting him, but I had no issues like that.

Sorry for the double post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom