• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Absolut_Nick

Pro Gun Liberal
    Feb 17, 2009
    County Balto
    Thought I had caught a fascinating Nova special on the training feral hogs.

Turns out it was an episode of The Biggest Loser

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Would Rosie O'Donnell be considered domesticated or feral?
    rosie.jpg

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Nah, not yet anyway. I'd love to try hunting wild/ feral pigs. That said, I've seen the damage they can do and I have no desire at all to see that here in MD.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Nah, not yet anyway. I'd love to try hunting wild/ feral pigs. That said, I've seen the damage they can do and I have no desire at all to see that here in MD.

AND IT'S BACK ! LOL THANKS !

Yeah me too. My wife was going to ship me to Tennessee for a hog hunt for my anniversary, but, I could not justify the costs. There are a few places in North Carolina and southern Virginia that charge $275.00 a day and you can shoot what you want, rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader, pistol, whatever. I have been getting brochures in the mail for the past 2 weeks and I'm still pretty serious about it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Well, then what's your problem? Get on the horn and tell the guy to ship some up here.

He'd be more than happy to help us find a place to shoot them in his neck of the woods (Eastern Texas). :D

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    A fella I know took an apprenticeship job of some kind with the Virginia Game and Fish commission to kill wild hogs in the hills of Blacksburg years ago. He said it was the best job in the world, go out camp in the woods, live off of vienna sausages and kill wild hogs to control the populations over there. Now he is a wildlife biologist with the Maryland Department of Agriculture. I wish I had that opportunity, he said it never felt like a job.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    AND IT'S BACK ! LOL THANKS !

Yeah me too. My wife was going to ship me to Tennessee for a hog hunt for my anniversary, but, I could not justify the costs. There are a few places in North Carolina and southern Virginia that charge $275.00 a day and you can shoot what you want, rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader, pistol, whatever. I have been getting brochures in the mail for the past 2 weeks and I'm still pretty serious about it.

If you are serious and want someone to go with you let me know, I would Love to shoot another Hog :thumbsup:

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    man i would love to go hog hunting. found a place down in SC but any one have any experience with any closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom