Jail Break Brewery welcomes MDShooters event!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Here's your official invitation to the Jailbreak Brewery Maryland Shooters event!

After much planning, and work behind the scenes by many of us; you and your pro-gun/pro-liberty friends are cordially invited to a 'no-cover' semi-private event at Jailbreak Brewery in Laurel, MD.

October 21st, 2014 from 5 - 8pm. The first few folks that show up will likely get a free beer!

Thanks to many members here, this event is now possible with no cover and no cost to you, except what you eat or drink. We are encouraging members to join us as co-hosts; to help make this event as safe and successful as possible. Here is the current list of co-hosts that have either donated money, swag/karma, or have offered to help make this event possible:

2A Sales & Supply - Aimpoint Pro giveaway at event to one lucky MDShooter.
    Uncle Duke
    Oldschool1959
    Gunsnrotors
    DaemonAssassin
    pbharvey
    eruby
    rsideout
    ShafTed
    DC.W
    smokey0118
    MrH

There are a few other co-hosts/sponsors that asked to not be mentioned; that's cool too. I'm waiting to hear back from a couple others, and it's not too late to lend some support; just send me a PM or email if you want to contribute, help, or just be a sponsor/co-host. A few folks have already sent me money and karma to give away on their behalf, which I'm happy to do, but I would prefer that if you want to be a sponsor, just commit to buying a few folks a beer or bring something we can give away in a raffle. We are not selling tickets, everything is as free as possible. Other than your gas, food and beer money, this shouldn't cost you anything to hang out with a hundred or more (hopefully) members of the MDShooters community for a few hours.

What to expect at the event?
    - lots of fellowship and generous people giving away free beer!
    - we plan to have a slideshow of images from MDShooters projected on the wall during the entire meet-up
    - any 'karma' items donated to the event will be raffled off during the event (if you want to donate something, please let me know)
    - a chance to meet D32 candidate Delegate Tim Walters (R); he has accepted and will be attending; he's very pro-2A and a retired Navy EOD guy
    - working to have a demo table of some state-of-the-art military equipment for folks to check out; NVG's, newest body armor, etc.
    - Oldschool1959 will be bringing his famous grill trailer and serving some BBQ (at cost - no profit) for us.
    - if you are not a BBQ fan, will have the phone number to local pizza place that will deliver; buying your buddies a pizza is highly encouraged
    - everyone encouraged to wear some firearms/shooting related apparel; MDShooter, MarylandShallIssue, NRA, Berretta, Springfield, Glock, or similar apparel encouraged.

Even if you don't want to co-host/sponsor, you are absolutely welcome to attend and please do help spread the word, invite other gun owners/shooters!
    "Jail Break" is located 1 mile south of Rt 32 off of Route 1, here's the address: 9445 Washington Blvd N, Laurel, MD 20723 (443) 345-9699.

Very few ground rules, these are essentially the same as every other MDShooters meet-up, so this is mostly for new people and your invited friends:
    - purpose of this event is to actually meet and get to know one another; please be polite and respectful to everyone
    - do not bring stuff to sell, this is not flee-market, a political rally, or anything other than a social meet-up.
    - if you want to take a picture of yourself or your buddies, that's cool; just be mindful of others and assume they do not want their picture taken unless you explicitly asked. Do not post pictures online without permission.
    - try to carpool, and/or make arrangements to stay locally if you have a long drive. Do not drive drunk.
    - many MDShooters members are law-enforcement (local/state/federal), military and government personnel - don't break the law. I'll leave the knowing what the law is up to you; only you are responsible for your actions, not me, not Jailbreak, no one else but you. So probably best to leave that rambo knife, new 1911, and anything else that looks like it might be dangerous at home. Yes, we are pro-gun and very tolerant, but there will be alcohol at this event and a lot of new folks; let's stay well within the law. We want to be invited back, and make this Brewery a more routine meet-up location, help us out here.
    - what to bring... shirt/shoes, and cash is best (they do take credit cards). Recommend 'gun' related article of clothing, and a good attitude.

The turn to get to the brewery can be a little tricky the first time you go. My best directions are that the brewery is in a small business park/office area; it is not a stand alone building, it is not in a shopping strip. It's near Carmax, and almost exactly one mile south of Route 32 on Washington Blvd (Route 1). The entrance to the road is very non-descript, they usually have a white folding sign that says Jailbreak and an a hand pointing to where to turn. A picture would help.

I'll post some images below so you will have a better idea of what to expect. Hope you can all make it. I'll update this Original Post as needed.

---------------------------------
    The original post:

Pre-announcement - placeholder.

More details will follow later, this much we know for sure:

Major MDShooters event on Tuesday, October 21st at the new brewery in Laurel called "Jail Break" after work, 5-8pm. For now mark your calendars, and start telling your pro-gun friends.

A few weeks ago I started asking for co-hosts/sponsors; several have already contacted me donating funds for free beer and karma items that will be given away at the event! This event will be private, only MDShooters members and your friends invited. No cover, and I'm hoping to get enough generous 'co-hosts' that many, especially those that arrive first will likely get their first beer free! I've already received enough donations that the first 20 will get a free beer. More donations inbound, and I'm still accepting sponsors, PM or email me for details if you want to help make this event an even bigger success.

Last edited:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The main entrance:
    plac_44482.jpg

Main hang out area:
    http://www.autumnwalk.com/2014/06/our-newest-neighbor-jailbreak-brewing.html

Jailbreak brew-master working on some initial batches of beer before they opened. Jailbreak is the first commercial brewery in Howard County when it opened its doors in April 2014.
    1800x1333

The lounge area:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/cizauskas/13031476965/

Jailbreak taps:
    960x639

Jailbreak Brewery founders Kasey Turner, left, and Justin Bonner
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/enterta...eg-jpg-20140916,0,4684187.photo#ixzz3E9vyqBdg

30 more photos from Yelp:
    http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/jail...OafZ8poRomoPRJkv-M98mQ#OafZ8poRomoPRJkv-M98mQ

Last edited:
    Dec 31, 2012
    Hmmmm.... brewery on a Tuesday night, I better schedule to have Wednesday off lol.

yeah, really.

I never understood why my workplace does Christmas parties on a Thursday night at McHaffey's and then wonders where everyone is on Friday. DUH

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'm going there tomorrow night, but hey...I'll make the sacrifice of visiting a brewery twice! :lol2:

JoeR

Thanks everyone for the enthusiasm!

It is a good idea to try to drop by there sometime before the actual event so you know where the turn is off Route 1 and get to see the place. We can get about 150+ folks in the brewery bar area at one time, any overflow will spill outside while we mingle.

Thanks to those of you that have sent cash/karma or have reached out to me recently. The bottom line is, it is much better if you simply show up yourself and bring a buddy, then buy a few folks a beer; ideally it would be nice if we had enough co-hosts/sponsors to ensure everyone could have a free beer and buy someone else a beer. If you have karma you want to give away, feel free to bring it and give it away yourself at your table, or I'll facilitate a drawing/raffle or something.

Besides meeting dozens and dozens, if not hundreds of MDShooters members/pro-gun folks; there is a really cool DJ system, and I plan to have a slideshow of images from MDShooters website rotating on their projector screen in the lounge area. Will probably take a short break around half-time to welcome everyone and give away some karma items (probably via raffle); this is all still being planned. Will probably throw in for a few pizzas and make the local pizza delivery numbers handy in case anyone wants to order more. It is primarily just a really big meet-and-greet. [definitely not an open holster rally or anything of the like].

More details to follow at this is planned, right now it's just an early announcement / heads-up so you can save the afternoon. Thanks again for the incredible generosity and support for this community and these events!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Right when I'm working. If I don't have a call, I'll stop by.
    Love supporting local breweries.
    Do they fill growlers?

Yes. They sell their own or will be happy to fill yours. I bought one of their 64oz double walled growlers and it works great. Nothing like having a beer or two there with friends, then taking a growler home and be set for weekend football!

Clarification: I have effectively 'rented' the brewery for that 3 hour time period; I only had to guarantee $1000 in sales; too easy. The brewery is usually closed Sunday-Tuesday, but open to us only for this event. We are only going to advertise this event 'meet-up' here among the MDShooters community; your pro-gun friends, family, associates all welcome.

I will update the original post once all plans are settled. Trying hard to make this as simple/inexpensive as possible. Lots of us contributing to make this happen. More details will come over the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom