• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just got a mailer from Cabela's. They will be having their Rimfire riflescopes on sale starting today through June 21 if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    Great. They go on sale right after I buy one.
    Thanks for the heads up.

What price do they have on the Nikon P-rimfire?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Stupid question: what's the difference between a rimfire scope and a centerfire scope?

My assumption was build quality and ability to handle more recoil vibration.

I don't shoot scoped, I like irons, but a buddy was lamenting poor performance recently. He mounted a decent "centerfire" rifle scope on his rimfire and was disappointed in his 50-yard groups. I know he's better than the results he showed me, and rings and everything else were tight. Is the parallax or anything else different on rimfire?

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Stupid question: what's the difference between a rimfire scope and a centerfire scope?

My assumption was build quality and ability to handle more recoil vibration.

I don't shoot scoped, I like irons, but a buddy was lamenting poor performance recently. He mounted a decent "centerfire" rifle scope on his rimfire and was disappointed in his 50-yard groups. I know he's better than the results he showed me, and rings and everything else were tight. Is the parallax or anything else different on rimfire?
    I think your assumptions are correct and... the parallax is typically more like 50yds for a rimfire scope vs a centerfire scope. They typically cost less, I have a 2-7 P22 on a rimfire, works fine, but not as good as my centerfire scopes, optics-wise, but then again, I don't shoot the rimfire at the same ranges as the centerfires..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom