As we creep closer to restoring our rights...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    I thought that listing a few resources and suggestions (hopefully in a sticky??) would be helpful to the community at large.

There are several sites/forums/resources out there that can come in handy as we're all learning and moving forward in a "2A-in-Maryland World".

Please feel free to suggest sites related to specific topics, and I'll trry to keep them organized in this OP.

Not only do we need to remain vigilant with regard to current and proposed legislation, there are places on the web known to keep good, accurate information about laws, carry, businesses, and others topics.

First off, LEARN WHO REPRESENTS YOU in Annapolis!!
    This is critical. Learn about them, their records, and their positions. Many will be happy to put you on a mailing list for email updates/newsletters. If possible, it would be helpful to meet them personally, as most are also visible members of the community. This is important in holding them accountable for their votes. The Representative model only works properly, if constituents are informed and HEARD. Be polite, be interested, and be non-confrontational... but over all else, be firm.

MD Legislative EMail Tool
    Most of us are familiar with the tool, from this past session, but it's worth having handy. Share this with the world, but especially other gun owners who may not realize they could be next.

AGC Legislative EMail Tool
    Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore has its own email tool, as well.

NRA-ILA Legislative Contact Tool
    The NRA-ILA tool links you to both Federal and State officials. The site also offers tips for communicating with elected officials, as well as legislative, issue, candidate and media updates.

handgunlaw.us
    This site is one of the most current sites out there, relating exclusively to the laws of each state, with regard to both open and concealed carry, as well as reciprocity.

usacarry.com
    This forum also has really good information on legal distinctions, as well as tips and gear for effective carry.

friendorfoe.us
    This site, IMO, will become increasingly important as we go forward. It is a contribution-driven compilation of businesses and places that are both welcoming and anti carry. Research national chains in other states, and it will be important to make sure that those with locations in MD be kept in line with their other states' counterparts. We can also make businesses aware that being anti-carry is something that is known across the 'net.

opencarry.org
    Many here are familiar with their forum, as it is a great resource for all topics surrounding Open Carry, handling situations, and the carry climate in other states. Be aware they are not interested in CC (for purposes of discussion), or long guns (unless that is your only local option).

May I suggest some light reading?
    There is a free publication called Gun Facts. It's produced by a man in Texas who compiled data from all over the United States into a handy manual. It's very objective; and everything is academically foot noted.

I came across this site by accident.
    From their site:
    Criminal Protection Zone a common phrase to refer to an area where law abiding citizens are prohibited from legally defending themselves with a firearm. Criminal Protection Zone is also commonly referred to as a gun free zone.

All of the information found at CriminalProtectionZone.com is provided by users. CriminalProtectionZone.com serves as means for our users and the general public to know and avoid areas where criminals may have the upper hand.

Summary of Permits from Other States for Marylanders
    MDS member JustCuz has assembled a comprehensive summary of permits available to Marylanders which are issued by other states, and some details on the interoperability of them.

Project Vote Smart
    This is a fairly comprehensive resource which allows you to look up history, endorsements, positions, and voting histories of most elected officials. I'm finding it very helpful in checking out what we can expect from any particular legislator.

IN SUPPORT OF PROJECT ALAMO

Influence Explorer

Follow the Money
    NOTE: This site is now different than when first referenced, and I've not navigated the content yet.

These sites are very good and very thorough in tracking the contributions made to your representatives' campaigns, both at the State and Federal level. If the funding for "anti 2A" candidates dries up, then we stand a better chance of replacing them.
    (Note that large companies often make contributions to both sides, so be careful in calling out these entities.)

I will post more as I can.

Last edited:

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks for the links. Even a person who has no desire to CC could learn alot by reading this information.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    opencarry.org
    Many here are familiar with their forum, as it is a great resource for all topics surrounding Open Carry, handling situations, and the carry climate in other states. Be aware they are not interested in CC or long guns (for purposes of discussion).

I will post more as I can.

just to nitpick :D

Opencarry.org allows long gun discussion if general handgun carry is not available. (per their own rules) So until we have a win, it's still ok to discuss

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    just to nitpick :D

Opencarry.org allows long gun discussion if general handgun carry is not available. (per their own rules) So until we have a win, it's still ok to discuss

So if I OC an HBAR with a PA 30 rd mag in Havre de Grace... ( I might have a boating accident?)

www.pafoa.org is good if you want to see more OC stories as well as CC stuff.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    LOL at Dreamer's sword carry post at OCDO. I know he is banned here and puts this site down alot, but I still enjoy his posts at OCDO. He can be very intense and come off as a jerk, but I like his ideas. Outside the box and interesting, and in line with the radical nutty things I am always thinking up but never daring to do. I regard him as very intelligent too- he probably has aspergers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom