• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stever

Jan 7, 2009
    harford county
    I ran 50 rounds through her over the weekend. I didn't start with buckshot or slugs for break-in, rather just used some 1200 fps birdshot. No malfunctions and recoil wasn't bad. Pulling the trigger nearly as fast as possible is just stupid fun (while actually hitting the intended targets).

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Can you put a rear sight on this?

The receiver is drilled and tapped like a standard 930. So you could put a rail on it and add a rear sight. Problem is the rear sight would be way too high to get proper POA/POI.

I use the groove in the picatinny rail for the rear sight and made a riser for a fiber optic front sight. I may drill and tap the rear of the picatinny and make an aperature but so far so good.

stever

Jan 7, 2009
    harford county
    That's a good idea. I haven't run slugs through her yet, so not sure how the vent rib/front fiber optic sight will work for a more precise shot.

I use the groove in the picatinny rail for the rear sight and made a riser for a fiber optic front sight. I may drill and tap the rear of the picatinny and make an aperature but so far so good.

I haven't heard of anyone local. You can catch them online but they sell out quickly. Finding someone local willing to watch the distributors stock status will be rare.

Where can we get these locally?

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Hey stever picking mine up tomorrow, we need to try to get out and shoot together, let me know if you ever have an weekdays off we can shoot my steel plates for some practice.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA

Hearing that makes me think about trading in my SPX for a JM Pro. Let me know how that works.

Is the mag tube on the gun a choate or a nordic?

stever

Jan 7, 2009
    harford county
    I believe the tube Is a nordic but the spring is not. There are some owners experimenting with different nordic end caps to add another round to the capacity.

stever

Jan 7, 2009
    harford county
    I don't know where you're located but I'm looking for one too so if you find two let me know.

I wish I knew you were looking to get one. You could have run mine or brian's at york. I know it isn't much different than your spx, but still would have been nice to try out. I had two FTE's on the last round. I am not sure why as it hasn't done that before. The bolt locked back and the round was pulled out of the chamber but wasn't ejected. I never checked those rounds, so I assume they were fired and didn't just come out of the mag tube.

stever

Jan 7, 2009
    harford county
    I am really liking these. Wish they came with ghost ring sights.

In researching shotguns prior to the York event, I found arguements for both styles of sights. It depends on the intended use. Ghost ring sights will give you more precision but will cost you time. Ghost rings will be better for a slug intensive match but will slow you down for stages not needing precision. Personally I haven't tried GR's on a shotgun, so I don't know how/if they slow you down. Since I am already incredibly slow, I don't need granny shuffling past me on the shotgun stages.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    In researching shotguns prior to the York event, I found arguements for both styles of sights. It depends on the intended use. Ghost ring sights will give you more precision but will cost you time. Ghost rings will be better for a slug intensive match but will slow you down for stages not needing precision. Personally I haven't tried GR's on a shotgun, so I don't know how/if they slow you down. Since I am already incredibly slow, I don't need granny shuffling past me on the shotgun stages.

Ghost rings do seem to slow me down a bit for sighting, but they make the slug shots at the York match stupid easy. Then again I've only ever shot slugs with ghost rings. I really want to get a JM pro and try to shoot slugs out of it to see how I shoot them.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    I wish I knew you were looking to get one. You could have run mine or brian's at york. I know it isn't much different than your spx, but still would have been nice to try out. I had two FTE's on the last round. I am not sure why as it hasn't done that before. The bolt locked back and the round was pulled out of the chamber but wasn't ejected. I never checked those rounds, so I assume they were fired and didn't just come out of the mag tube.

Stever,
    Sorry to hear you had a problem, mine ran like a top, I haven't cleaned it yet and turned around last Friday and shot more rounds without a hitch. My buddy is looking for one now, told hi to check Buds but he said they're all over GunBroker so some of the other guys might want to check out GB if their looking for one. Mine shot slugs fine at 75 yards with just the front sight bead, thinking of looking for an add on rear dove tail just to make it better than what it is. It definately ran faster than I could pick up the clays.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA

How many rounds have you shot through it so far? I only have like 300 shells total through my SPX and I wonder if there is a point where it just needs to be cleaned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom