• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    This accusation dubious at best my opinion, but having dealt closely with MSP and their two auditors, I can say with confidence that they didn't leave the state to screw with FFLs. They don't have time, and I just don't find it plausible. Unless there is an investigation or problem, Troopers don't go out to FFLs, just the compliance auditors.

I further doubt that the ATF would advise any FFL not to make legal sales. It just does not add up.

What is more likely is that out of state FFLs either don't understand, or even fear Maryland's crazy regulations, and have decided to scapegoat MSP and the ATF instead of just admitting they would rather not sell to MD residents.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    This accusation dubious at best my opinion, but having dealt closely with MSP and their two auditors, I can say with confidence that they didn't leave the state to screw with FFLs. They don't have time, and I just don't find it plausible. Unless there is an investigation or problem, Troopers don't go out to FFLs, just the compliance auditors.

I further doubt that the ATF would advise any FFL not to make legal sales. It just does not add up.

What is more likely is that out of state FFLs either don't understand, or even fear Maryland's crazy regulations, and have decided to scapegoat MSP and the ATF instead of just admitting they would rather not sell to MD residents.

More than likely this ^^^ is true. However the incident(s) last year as described in my earlier post definitely has me suspect of ATF.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Possible. But one such tale was from a now defunct ffl...out of state that did a lot of MD business they did themselves in if you are correct.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Possible. But one such tale was from a now defunct ffl...out of state that did a lot of MD business they did themselves in if you are correct.

This ^^^ came to mind jus' before I read your post today. It was indicated in a prior (earlier) thread that Thunstick (former IP here that was located in Baby Deer Grove, PA) was visited by MSP, however it was not indicated (IIRC) if it was an auditor or uniformed officer.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I was told that dealer in PA was selling BANNED guns post October 1 2013 to MD residents.

Possible.. no details.. but also possible it was an hbar non colt or a bushmaster which only msp thinks is banned. Without clear guidance it could go either way.. back then I don't think msp knew which answer it wanted to give..

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Ok, I just spoke to the Shop owner. I asked him direct questions about our conversation last week. He has changed his story. He said that he did receive a phone call from MSP. The call was to make sure that he was aware of SB281 This was last September. The rest of the restrictions are his own policies. This shop is no longer my "favorite out of State" shop. Oh well.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    He has outed his own shop. If I find him I will out him myself. Folks like this spread disinformation often cause good folks to worry about crimes they have not even committed in the past.
    It has to stop.

If this shop is in my extended curcuit about 75 miles from Fredrick 365 degrees around he will someday be found and outed. Save me the trouble and just come clean. We don't mind if he does not want MD business we mind if he lies.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Im going to have another talk with him first. I need to make sure that I did not misunderstand what he was telling me. I consider him a friend and my question to the board about MSP interference might have been premature. Our conversation today was short but to the point only on a few questions. He made it a point to say that he had solid knowledge that I was a MD resident though. He alluded that it made a difference as to the sale of ban items. But he recited the law well enough to know better. I reminded him that I knew the law and would never ask any shop to operate outside of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom