• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    29 cents a round.....

That's cool, BUT.... and I hate to be "that guy", but it must be said: you can get non-corrosive, brass cased reloadable Prvi for 4 cents a round more.

http://www.selwayarmory.com/prvipartizan762x25mmtokarev85grfullmetaljacket-boxof50.aspx

You aren't being "that guy." You are just pointing out a fact. Even if you don't reload, you can pay the extra 4 cents a round, and find people who would be happy to give you a nickle, or more, for the once-fired PPU cases.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I am going to get some of this for a few reasons:

number one is I had all my M57 barrels melonited, and so I might as well live it up with corrosive ammo.

Number two is that surplus 7.62x25 with hard steel jackets most especially the czech with the green sealed primers (which may be sub gun ammo, the primers are EXTREMELY hard, the only handguns that will set them off are the M57s with the trigger pack set to heavy mode), but also the bulgarian and polish surplus, although the polish tends to crack at the neck... anyways the surplus ammo tumbles like a rifle projectile when it hits, and does some serious damage, although in a different way than the modern softer jacketed, soft lead filled projectiles, which by and large are being launched at some very hot velocities.

Anyways, I have seen that the newer ammo tends to shred it's self, whereas the older surplus tends to roll and yaw like crazy, penciling in until about 2-4 inches and then VIOLENTLY cavitating- I have never seen another handgun projectile that acts anything like that, and I would like to have some on hand just for the novelty if nothing else.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

It's a better price for military surplus 7.62x25 than this Romanian ammo ...

https://www.classicfirearms.com/7-62x25-romanian-ammo-72rd-box

Do wonder if the J&G Bulgarian 7.62x25 is as hot as the Bulgarian ammo shown at the 6:00 mark in this Military Arms Channel video that blows through level IIIA body armor ...

Classic still has pistols in stock for $230.

ttc-rom3.jpg

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Mosin surplus is still like 25 cents a round. 1/2 the price of new steel ammo (red army).
    Me personally, I"m going to need more incentive than 4 cents a round to go corrosive and/or steel case non-reloadable. But , I'm sure they will sell it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom