• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i have one of the older conversion barrels and it shoots just fine.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    "9MM" on the side of the chamber looks like it was scratched on by a kindergartener.

First one went for $290, second for $213, this one should be under 200. Based on some of the guys other auctions, looks like he's a machinist. There will be more barrels coming, I'll wait for better pricing. (And I have a bunch of pre-panic 7.62-Tokarev in the ammo vault. :D)

This is his web site: http://bca-industries.com/ (Same phone number.)
    ETA: Link there leads here: http://www.gunpartswarehouse.com/

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I was thinking oxpho-blue

Does anyone who owns one of these have it handy to tell me if the finish is on the inside of the barrel as well? Also, anyone know WHAT these are made of?

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Sure-enough, that last one went for under $200 as I thought it would: $177.50.

The guy sells other barrels on his website for $85, if he would just offer this conversion barrel for $100 or so he'd probably sell many more much faster and without the feeBay fees and hassle. I'd buy one. :shrug:

He started a new one before the first one closed. Opening bid is $150:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/331516396766

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I've got a CZ52 9mm conversion kit, but every other round fails to chamber properly. At some point, I'll have a gunsmith check it out as it'd be nice to be able to shoot the gun without using up all my (relatively expensive) Tokarev ammo.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I saw a CZ 52 in 9mm for sale at the Tulsa gun show last weekend. It was in very nice shape, for $250. Not a bad deal considering how much just a barrel would set you back...

I'm guessing a lot of the failures from these are similar to the 9mm Stars that still use the older mag for the longer round.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    As an interesting aside, I spotted a nice CZ52 on Cops the other night. It was found on the back seat of a stolen car. Obviously, a stolen gun as the miscreant they pulled outta the car couldn't remember his own name, so I doubt he had the slightest inkling of what he had in his possession. More importantly, the camera stayed on the gun as a female officer struggled a bit to pull the slide back to check/empty the chamber, which gave me a chance to observe that the handgrips were mint and the metal hadn't been refinished.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    As an interesting aside, I spotted a nice CZ52 on Cops the other night. It was found on the back seat of a stolen car. Obviously, a stolen gun as the miscreant they pulled outta the car couldn't remember his own name, so I doubt he had the slightest inkling of what he had in his possession. More importantly, the camera stayed on the gun as a female officer struggled a bit to pull the slide back to check/empty the chamber, which gave me a chance to observe that the handgrips were mint and the metal hadn't been refinished.
    Bet he had it because it shoots those ultra cop killer armor piercing bullets :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom