• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    It is a Romanian G kit built on a NDS-3 receiver. The barrel is chrome lined and the whole gun has been professionally hot blued. Seller says the bayonet lug has been cut off, and the slant muzzle brake is tack welded on.

What's a fair price?

SoMDGuy

Threadkiller Supreme
    Apr 26, 2008
    Haven't been following the market lately, but if it's a garage gun, even a well-made garage gun, it will not be worth factory-gun prices.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Not sure about that rifle in particular I do know that there are quite a few AK's available right now with sheet metal receivers in various configurations in the 5 to 6 hundred dollar range

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    Depends who built it? A good, well known builder? Or someone like Diamond Dave from Elite (bad builder). Was it built for a ban state? You'd have to look it over to tell a fair price. I'd say it could be anywhere from $300-$500 if it's not hacked to hell. A little over a year ago, Classic Arms had Romanian G builds for $429 with 2 mags, sling, bayo, 100 rounds of ammo, and a case.

Ultimate Member
    post a pick, but usually $700 to $350. I say $700 because at the spike of this gun panic, WASR 10/63's were going for that much. During 2004-2007 they would be something as low as $350.

And they are all chrome lined barrels.

The muzzle break is a all the coolness, and the lug is nice. What you basically have now is a Romanian SAR1 with a nice finish.

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    $500 all day long especially if it's hot blued and a new build built by a reputable company. I have seen homebuilds that rival factory guns though.

It would be worth more it had the lug and a removable brake. $600-$625 or so then.

DLiller

Jun 29, 2009
    Maryland, Florida
    you can get a CAI GP WASR with a bayonet lug and baynet, sling, ammo pouch, cleaning kit, and some other stuff for 480. You have to ask them to pull the mags to get it in MD. If you are out of state it comes with 2 tapco 30s for 500.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    $500 all day long especially if it's hot blued and a new build built by a reputable company. I have seen homebuilds that rival factory guns though.
    Agreed. Seller with a good reputation? $500, easy. I'd rather have a NDS-3 receiver from a guy with good rep than whatever the heck CAI is trying to pass off today. Not to mention that you're getting at least a small guarantee that it doesn't need to head right back to the factory.

At the $700 range, though, there are better choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom