• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    OK, not just IPs, but all LGSs across the state... but I wanted to see the temper here, first...

I was driving all over central MD today, and something clicked.

What if.........

LGSs and clubs across the state started participating in the Adopt-a-Road/Highway (or whatever it's called) programs in high-visibility areas near their shops?

Not only name exposure, but also a saturation across the state of firearms businesses in a 'community' effort. Gun folk doing good things, for good reasons.

No more pariahs.

Take it. Leave it. Throw rocks.

Just a thought, FWIW.

Last edited:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I seem to recall that program is dead, or at least it was the last time this idea came up. Maybe it's back in operation? Existing signs before the shut down were allowed to stay, if memory serves.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    The iwla I belong to does this the state provided training and some supplies you fill the bags and leave them on the side of the road they pick it up

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    To boot if IP's don't have the man power we could get some folk her who are in the area and willing to lend a hand in the effort.

After all I wouldn't want to place the burden solely on our IP's.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Which brings up another point. I bet gun clubs could do this as well to help with the effort. You know if we started getting involved civically it would be hard for them to down such a community friendly group. By civically I mean christmas toy drives, and tables at town/state fairs etc.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Which brings up another point. I bet gun clubs could do this as well to help with the effort. You know if we started getting involved civically it would be hard for them to down such a community friendly group. By civically I mean christmas toy drives, and tables at town/state fairs etc.

I will pitch the idea to Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club next month and see how it goes. For sure we could take a section of Liberty Rd, Marriottsville Road, Frederick Road, or US 70 as they are all close to the AGC range that we call home.

Maybe other AGC clubs could take other sections. With 29 clubs, we should be able to cover that area of Baltimore, Carroll and Howard County.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    OK, not just IPs, but all LGSs across the state... but I wanted to see the temper here, first...

I was driving all over central MD today, and something clicked.

What if.........

LGSs across the state started participating in the Adopt-a-Road/Highway (or whatever it's called) programs in high-visibility areas near their shops?

Not only name exposure, but also a saturation across the state of firearms businesses in a 'community' effort. Gun folk doing good things, for good reasons.

No more pariahs.

Take it. Leave it. Throw rocks.

Just a thought, FWIW.

13206484634_e25ec5e29f_c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom