• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    Does anyone Appendix Carry? / gForce Incog

Hi guys,
    Like the title said....does anyone appendix carry. I like the gcode incog...but if you ever got a tee shirt stuck in the trigger guard...good bye children.

Am I over reacting? What are your thoughts experiences with appendix carry?
    Best,
    Tom

Last edited:

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I do, although I gave up on the G code Incog for a few reasons.

I use a blade tech and am happy with that. I holster a Glock 26 or 19.

I have carried these guns in that holster in that position through 3 classes (see my AARs in the Training and Safety forum), plus in real life, and haven't blown my nuts off yet.

The main thing to remember is that there should rarely, if ever, be a situation where you need to holster quickly. So I always watch the gun going into the holster. I carried on my hip briefly and actually found more things ended up in my holster in that position because I couldn't see in there as well when it was on my side.

Appendix carry doesn't work for most people whose guts stick out past their pecs. If the shirt naturally drapes over it, then it is super easy to conceal, is easier to draw with your off hand should that be necessary, is easier to prevent someone from bump-frisking you, and is very fast to access.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Depends on my attire but yes I carry that way. I have 5 kids and if accidentally I shot my junk it would be like taking a small chip from the Washington monument. No big deal.

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    Anyone carry an incog at the traditional 430 position? Any advantage over any other holster ?

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Most holsters designed specifically for AIWB do not work well in other positions. Not sure about the INCOG, but if it claims it can be positioned anywhere, there is going to be a compromise somewhere.

Most prefer some cant at 4:30 or the butt will be sticking out pretty badly.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not addressing the whole appendix carry pros and cons or brand of holster, but holstering in general.

How fast are you going back to the holster that you have to worry about snagging?
    IF you come out of the holster for a reason then maybe not such a good thing to go back in so quick, right?
    Holstering is the most deliberate and careful process when it comes to pistols and carrying. If you are not holding your shirt out of the way with your weak hand and looking down at the holster while putting the pistol back in slowly then maybe you need to start.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Not addressing the whole appendix carry pros and cons or brand of holster, but holstering in general.

How fast are you going back to the holster that you have to worry about snagging?
    IF you come out of the holster for a reason then maybe not such a good thing to go back in so quick, right?
    Holstering is the most deliberate and careful process when it comes to pistols and carrying. If you are not holding your shirt out of the way with your weak hand and looking down at the holster while putting the pistol back in slowly then maybe you need to start.
    :thumbsup: Pocket carry in a holster or appendix carry, if I draw, when I re-holster, I remove the holster from my pocket/IWB, holster the weapon, and then put the holstered weapon back in my pocket/IWB.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I have carried appendix and I like it. I use a Raven Concealment ACR and carry a G19. No experience with the INCOG but I want to give it a try. The only thing about the INCOG that I dont want to try out is the magazine attachment. To me it looks like it makes the holster to large/bulky. I do carry a spare magazine in the same slot where the INCOG has the optional attachment but I use a separate pouch, "Dale Fricke Archangel IWB Vertical Mag Pouch." I like the separate pouch because the pouch and holster can move independent of one another. The only disadvantage I have found is it gets quite hot if you have to sit for awhile (like in a movie theater).

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

i agree. I run some shooters in uspsa, idpa, etc and some really feel the need to rush back in the holster, and/or do it blindly, especially those with a little girth in the way. that is the time where you should take all the time in the world needed to get it right, and see that muzzle going into the holster, along with the trigger guard with nothing in the way.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I carry striker & hammer fired handguns this way, and can easily conceal and carry service sized handguns (Glock 17/Beretta 92/ SIG P226).

That said, the stakes are certainly higher carrying this way, and a single lapse in judgment can result in maiming or death.

I carry a Glock 17 Gen 4 in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster

THIS is a comprehensive & exhausting discussion on the merits and drawbacks of AIWB.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I need to stop reading these threads about how to carry. I just get disgruntled with the fact that this state won't allow me to because I don't have the right "need" or political influence.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Tried it, liked that you can draw fast, conceal well, and easier to avoid someone brushing up against your pistol. People fear an accident, as they should, but IMO it is blown out of proportion, a decent pistol, holster and practicing safe gun handling are needed for any carry mode, and make it about as safe as it could be. I just couldn't get comfortable, my leg pushed the pistol around unless I pulled my pants up like Steve Urkel, sitting was uncomfortable, carry in the car with a setbelt was awful. Might have gotten better with lots of practice and a couple good holsters, but the benefits just weren't good enough to outweight the drawbacks compared to my normal methods of pocket/4:00IWB carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom