• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amf_otb

May 30, 2012
    Hey all,
    So, light backstory here... A co-worker has been getting interested in firearms as of late and been picking my - rather limited - knowledge base regarding them. Being a first timer he is asking all the "newbie" questions: "full auto blah blah, silencer blah blah AR-15 blah blah." Trying to steer him in the right directions and encourage him I explain 80% lowers, pre-ban full autos and rdias. This is where my question/confirmation comes in. Supressors: they are still legal to purchase post sb281 correct? Of course you have the barrel length requirements with sb281 and your stamp forms and tax but from what I thought I knew; they were still legal. Now, I don't own one unfortunately so this is why I am asking here because you all are much better versed then I. That, and my googling turned up a lot of pre sb281 info and I'm at work so thumbing through forum posts isn't ideal.

Apparently over the weekend this guy talked to a "cop friend" who vehemently denied this, and my own curiosity has me second guessing myself. So what gives? Can anyone point me in the direction of any legal text that supports this? Thanks in advance. And I will apologize now because I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't seem to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Suppressors and machine guns are still business as usual. They were not touched by the Freedom Suppression Act of 2013.

Amf_otb

May 30, 2012
    Thank you guys. I appreciate the responses. I think we all know the "cop friend" type unfortunately. Misinformation is more contagious then the plague.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom