• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitelightning777

May 20, 2013
    Is there any way to get one now after the ban? If it's NFA & SBR do the high capacity magazine and folding stock bans still apply?

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Is there any way to get one now after the ban? If it's NFA & SBR do the high capacity magazine and folding stock bans still apply?

The magazines will have to be sent out of state for you to acquire them, as they're obviously over 10rnds. The PPS-43C is on the MSP Handgun Roaster Board, and if made into an SBR would still meet the OAL and copycat requirements. The only evil feature being the folding stock. If anyone argues that the flat piece of metal in front the muzzle is a flash hider, they can pound sand. I've shot a PPS-43C at night and it in no way suppresses flash. It might control muzzle flip a bit (i.e. muzzle brake), but that's about it. Your good to go on all fronts with this firearm... except for the 42rnd mags.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Something tells me we are getting the Russian PPS43 mixed up with the Finnish KP44. The Russian in 7.62x25 and the Finnish in 9mm. Both had 70rd drums (Will not fit on PPS43 but will on the PPSH41). Both had stick mags around 30rds. The Finnish had a quad stack coffin mag that holds 50rds. However that coffin mag is in 9mm and is not any good on a PPS43. KP44 on top:

a9fa9780-1131-4f23-b073-34cc0dd9eaaf_zps03244dce.jpg

50rd Coffin mag (Fits Finnish KP44 and M31 SMGs in 9mm):

50box.jpg

whitelightning777

May 20, 2013
    As a pistol, isn't it banned? My understanding is that any pistol in which the magazine doesn't enter inside of the pistol grip itself is banned. Would the folding stock have to be pinned open forever?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    As a pistol, isn't it banned? My understanding is that any pistol in which the magazine doesn't enter inside of the pistol grip itself is banned. Would the folding stock have to be pinned open forever?

That copycat test was removed before SB281 passed. There is no folding stock ban, it's a multiple features test.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

If you pin the stock open, its considered a SBR and so needs to be federal registered. No you have to keep it pinned closed. Then its not considered a stock and so a pistol. That whole pinned open thing is left over from the 94 AWB and even if its been gone for a decade now, its still confusing people!

May 13, 2005
    Be nice if someone made a pistol brace for this Pistol, just like the ones for the AR / AK / Sig556. :) Especially since AFT just ruled/clarified that you can legally fire the pistol with a pistol brace from the shoulder :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom