• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    It is 10 bucks per year. It does not matter how many machine-guns you have . Each form can register multiple guns, make copies if you must.

Send it in with copies and SASE, self addressed stamped envelope so that MSP can send you back the copies with a received stamp imprint on it for your records. Also pay with a personal check to create a paper trail JIC.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I requested a copy sent back to me last year and they only sent it out like 2 months ago. This leads me to believe they sat there for 8+ months.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I just don't put down what I don't have... what do they care anyway...

Same here. I just put down dealer's info. Name address etc and have had no problems.
    Mine came today also. Fill out the SOS every year, don't know the point if they have it once. BTW, I was more than 24 hours from sending my initial reg forms and I'm still alive.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Just got mine yesterday. This is one piece of paperwork I send certified/receipt request every year. No sense in risking liberty over postal mis-handling.

You think you are protecting yourself but your not. All the police have to do is claim you sent in an empty envelope...

Its up to them to prove you did not comply. If a MO receipt or a check number does not help you, a receipt request sure is not going to help. Plus than if one year you lose your receipt... well then you must be guilty since you are missing just that one!

Frankly, they do not check it anyway....

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    My Dad's form didn't appear in the mail a few years ago. He called the MSP and they said "oh don't worry, we don't really enforce the deadline". Right. So when I tell the arresting officer that he is just gonna let me off?

Then when he does get the form its out of date. Whoever mailed it simply crossed out the year, wrote the correct year (in pencil), and stuffed it in the mail.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You think you are protecting yourself but your not. All the police have to do is claim you sent in an empty envelope...

Its up to them to prove you did not comply. If a MO receipt or a check number does not help you, a receipt request sure is not going to help. Plus than if one year you lose your receipt... well then you must be guilty since you are missing just that one!

Frankly, they do not check it anyway....

Do you think the wrap the spent shells in the machine gun registration form?

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    If you are not taking advantage of the online PDF form, you are wasting a lot of time. I need three pages for mine, and it was a major PITA before. Now, the date block allows you to change the year, save, print, and sign....unless you have additions or deletions to your collection. Either way, much easier than hand jamming it every year. Print two copies, and keep one with a copy of the check for your records.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    If you are not taking advantage of the online PDF form, you are wasting a lot of time. I need three pages for mine, and it was a major PITA before. Now, the date block allows you to change the year, save, print, and sign....unless you have additions or deletions to your collection. Either way, much easier than hand jamming it every year. Print two copies, and keep one with a copy of the check for your records.

I only need one page. :( Rub it in why don't you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom