• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Charles county fire just put out a call to Fred's sports for a building fire. Waldorf fire station went on the scene with fire showing and reporting explosions in the building from ammo.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    They are reporting most of the fire is in the " ammunition shelter" and "bulk of the fire is knocked down"

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    At the 20 minute mark command reports bulk of fire knocked down with lots of hot spots.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    That sucks. While I know a lot of people don't like them they are the only fully stocked local dealer in Waldorf.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    While I didn't try to get a close look, it appears they have a lot of smoke damage. I'm sure that is accompanied by heavy water damage. Early reports show no injuries so that is one good thing to take away from this.

Attachments

• 20141013_062142.jpg
      20141013_062142.jpg
      45.1 KB · Views: 1,120

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Doubtfull. As I would not go there and there are many others who feel the same.

Glad no one was hurt.
    This is not a Freds Sports bashing tread. If you want to bash them please make your own tread.
    I posted this because a lot of people will be interested. I know lots do not like the prices they ask or the service however it is still a resorce for us all and lot of people love them. This resource is going to be gone for a while and at the start of hunting season. People have bows there being repaired so them having a fire will impact a lot of us.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    They were my go to shop when I needed/wanted something now. They helped me several times when I needed a part or accessory for a firearm. Yes I have even purchased guns at a reasonable price from them.

Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    1. They are a full service brick and mortar store , with lots of things physically available right now.

2. While many afficianados may like to bash them , they are well know to the general public, and those just starting an intrest.

3. They provided easy access for those inclined to get the Evil HQL.

So yes , it would be an overall loss. Not to put the cart before the horse , hopfully the damage is less than apears at first , and they have good insurance.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    This sucks. We all lose when something like this happens. The State of MD has already torched many dealers out of business with the recent laws. We cannot afford to lose anymore firearms related businesses in MD.

saleen89

Apr 13, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    Freds

My heart and prayers go out for the owners and employees. As a small business owner I cannot imagine. Thankfully no one was hurt and hopefully it isn't as bad as it looks. I hate to see any business especially a ma and pa brick and mortar suffer from something like this...Good luck to them and their families.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    My heart and prayers go out for the owners and employees. As a small business owner I cannot imagine. Thankfully no one was hurt and hopefully it isn't as bad as it looks. I hate to see any business especially a ma and pa brick and mortar suffer from something like this...Good luck to them and their families.

This!
    Had a fire in our biz many years ago.
    Luckily, a passing MSP officer saw it and called it in.
    Local FD was there quickly and got it contained with minimal damage, but it was STILL nightmare for us.

And I STILL hit Freds now and then, esp when I need something NOW.

PIT BULL

Mar 5, 2013
    I have done business on and off with Fred's ever since they first opened on Rt. 5 in Waldorf back in the mid to late 70's. Glad there were no injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom