Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Hmmm... back to the reloading room... :lol2:

That was pretty impressive, I must say!

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Anyone ever seen the WWI era German anti-tank rifle that looked like a k98 on steroids? I recall reading that they developed a round for that with a glass vial of tear gas in the middle. The idea was that the round would carry the tear gas inside of the tank when it penetrated. Not sure it worked but it was a novel idea

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    Anyone ever seen the WWI era German anti-tank rifle that looked like a k98 on steroids? I recall reading that they developed a round for that with a glass vial of tear gas in the middle. The idea was that the round would carry the tear gas inside of the tank when it penetrated. Not sure it worked but it was a novel idea

Weaponsman did a small piece on that a few weeks ago: http://weaponsman.com/?p=21257

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    One word

AWSOME

Here ... Your word needs this... E

Now it's AWESOME. :D

Norton,

I was reading about the women snipers of the Russian Military in WWII. And there was a picture of one dead sniper with damage to her head that appeared to have been caused by one of these rounds. The face was gone. And the comments were about the fact that the German soldiers, upon reaching the dead Russian sniper were horrified and vomiting when they found out that the sniper was a woman. They even tore open her tunic and took a photo to prove to their superiors that the Russians were using women snipers.

That must have been a horrible thing to see.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Hell, doesn't have to even leave the barrel for that.... I got some old WW2 era 8x56mmR that will blow up in your face (case ruptures infrequently), Quite a hoot to shoot out of my Steyr Mannlicher(s).

Protective shooting glasses are a must with those beasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom