• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    This afternoon, I did a search on Blue Label dealers in my area and big as dog-poop there is just one up the road.

Anyone know anything about Worth A Shot, checked the IP's and they are not a member?

http://worth-a-shot.com/

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    They are not an IP here but seem to be good people. I live a couple of miles from there and have been in their shop a few times. They were moving to a bigger shop in the same building.

Last edited:

Proline Fisher

Mar 16, 2013
    Severn
    I bought my last blue label from them, they are nice people. They were 25 dollars more then what cop shop wanted but I didn't have to drive into the city, not that Sams shop is that bad to get to. Anyways, I paid $450 for my Gen 4 plus the fees and will probably be buying another from them as my Christmas present.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I bought my last blue label from them, they are nice people. They were 25 dollars more then what cop shop wanted but I didn't have to drive into the city, not that Sams shop is that bad to get to. Anyways, I paid $450 for my Gen 4 plus the fees and will probably be buying another from them as my Christmas present.

Did you also have to purchase a barrel-lock? Sam forces you to purchase one and that always pissed me off. Purchased a couple 9mm's from him and he wouldn't let me use a previous lock. Oh well.

Going to check out Worth-A-Shot this coming week and also ask them why they aren't an IP on this site.

Thanks

Proline Fisher

Mar 16, 2013
    Severn
    Did you also have to purchase a barrel-lock? Sam forces you to purchase one and that always pissed me off. Purchased a couple 9mm's from him and he wouldn't let me use a previous lock. Oh well.

Going to check out Worth-A-Shot this coming week and also ask them why they aren't an IP on this site.

Thanks

No, Worth-A-Shot will let you bring in your own bore lock. Just make sure that it is the correct one as they will make sure and install it before you leave. I know some dealers don't check/install it, as long as you have one your good to go but not them. I have a .40 and a 9mm if you need to borrow one of those.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I did a transfer through them during "the panic". Small shop, not too much stock. People are nice, prices seemed a but high (Glocks over 6 bills....) from what I recall, though I haven't been in the shop for over a year.

I did a transfer through them during "the panic". Small shop, not too much stock. People are nice, prices seemed a but high (Glocks over 6 bills....) from what I recall, though I haven't been in the shop for over a year.

They've added some more inventory and will be moving to a bigger store (same building) shortly.I thought I heard they signed up here awhile back (not as IP).

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    son-in-law bought a lower from him and got the mil discount prior to the Oct 1 deadline. Said he was good people.

bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    I will echo what most other people have said. Shop is small, however the employees were really nice. Glock BL prices were higher than other places I have seen them advertised.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    From their website it looks like they are geared more towards training.

"Worth-A-Shot, Inc. is a family - owned and operated firearms instruction company. We provide top-quality, professional training to shooters of all levels - from beginners to law enforcement professionals. We offer training in a friendly, nurturing environment. Our staff are firearms professionals, most of whom have law enforcement backgrounds. We understand your needs and concerns, and are able to meet them."

It's probably worth a shot for me to stop in and see what they got since I pass it every day.

1BADI5

Are we there yet
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft Meade AOR
    I have bought a lower, 1 blue label, did my Utah CCW with them, and Donna notarized my paperwork for my collector status

- Blue label sells itself.
    - The process for the Utah CCW was pretty straight forward
    - I bought a lower from them during the panic crap last year.......yes over priced, but supply and demand was what it was.

Donna and Neal have been great to work with. I'll go back for my next blue label

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    I have bought a lower, 1 blue label, did my Utah CCW with them, and Donna notarized my paperwork for my collector status

- Blue label sells itself.
    - The process for the Utah CCW was pretty straight forward
    - I bought a lower from them during the panic crap last year.......yes over priced, but supply and demand was what it was.

Donna and Neal have been great to work with. I'll go back for my next blue label

Got a lower from them as well. While a bit overpriced (it was a week or so prior to the "deadline"), the process was smooth even if you factor in the crazy long line (which most shops experienced during that time).

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    No, Worth-A-Shot will let you bring in your own bore lock. Just make sure that it is the correct one as they will make sure and install it before you leave. I know some dealers don't check/install it, as long as you have one your good to go but not them. I have a .40 and a 9mm if you need to borrow one of those.

Nothing in the law says the lock must be installed.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I have purchased several BL's there and Utah Class, transfers etc. Expect a moving into new building sale in December from what I here (end unit of building they are in). BL's might be $25 off. Bring a bore lock. good people. That makes me wonder when that sale/move is!

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom