• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMERICA

Feb 23, 2016
    Bel Air, MD
    Searches keep bringing back results on 80% AR lowers... anyone know if the spectre glocl builds are legal in maryland?

TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    Yeah but how much will it cost to get all the parts to complete and can you even find all the parts to finish the frame? Slide shouldn't be too hard.

ARMERICA

Feb 23, 2016
    Bel Air, MD
    Yeah but how much will it cost to get all the parts to complete and can you even find all the parts to finish the frame? Slide shouldn't be too hard.

I don't know yet. I am willing to spend more for an off the books firearm (within reason) but I didn't want to even hunt and track all of it down if I couldn't even build one legally.

I'll sniff around and see. You're correct, the slides and barrels and so forth are all available for roughly $300 or there abouts. Obviously the lower is the kit by Spectre and mags are all over. The question will be on cost and availability of the rest of the parts.

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    Figure on spending money to put it together. Ebay has the best price for glock lpk right now, plus that guy has them in stock. Seems as though alot of people bought the spectre units and everyone else is sold out of lpks.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Can anyone attest to their quality?

I can imagine their polymer is as good as any, but assuming can lead to problems at times.

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    Can anyone attest to their quality?

I can imagine their polymer is as good as any, but assuming can lead to problems at times.

I have been wondering the same thing. The thing that has me questioning it is the problems people had with the 80% AR15 polymer lowers. I know that they are a completely different animal but it does make you wonder if it is just the quality of the polymer. Also I was looking at their facebook page and it looks like there are some pre-order people who are unhappy they haven't received anything yet. I know Stealth Arms is considering an aluminum 80% glock frame I think that would be interesting. As for the polymers I am definitely going to wait to see how they turn out before jumping on one.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    The rear rails are polymer, but there are other pistols on the market that use all polymer rails. This one has longer steel rails up front that are integrated into the locking block.

Size though it is big, and a little blocky. Has a nicer grip angle, points the same as my sig, however it is a little like holding a 2x4.

Using oem glock parts, right around $530.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      66.4 KB · Views: 8,435

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    Size though it is big, and a little blocky. Has a nicer grip angle, points the same as my sig, however it is a little like holding a 2x4.

LOL thats how I described it yesterday.

Waiting on my slide assembly then will put it together.

Side note, have a couple of first gen P80 AR frames; the ones I built for the boys has gone through a thousand rounds (was easier shooting those then the 22s) and no issues. Granted these are shot at a range without any abuse (other then repeated mag changes), but no issues. Firmly believe the other poly frames that we see busted up on the internet were abused.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Another note, I don't think they are sending out the correct size drill bits. They are sending out SAE size bits, this being Austrian gun I imagine they should be metric. I think they picked the closest size and sent those out, the holes when drilled are super tight, too small. Should be able to push them out with just glock tool, and you are not getting them in/out without a hammer and punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom