• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    I've been researching some of the candidates for district 8. In particular I was reading the website for Liz Matory. Seems like a pretty sharp person. She is endorsed by Tom Rodriguez - Town Council, Kensington, Former Del. Ron George (district 30) and supported by Susan Krebs (District 5)

What I couldn't find on her site was any position on 2A so I posted on her Facebook page and almost immediately she responded. Here's the exchange:

Hello
    I am happy to find Ms Matory running for the seat in my district. I completely agree with her positions on gerrymandering and the need for a strong fiscal base. I especially like hearing an African American woman speaking out to articulate the message that conservative values aren't "scary".

Just because we hold moderate / conservative values doesn't mean we are racists or bigots, certainly none of my black, white, Latino or Filipino republican friends could be described as such. (not to imply that there aren't people of such ilk out there)

What concerns me and a great number of my friends is support for the 2nd Amendment. We have heard nothing from Ms Matory on the subject. As you know Maryland has been burdened with some of the harshest (and most ridiculous) gun control laws in the country. Laws which have done nothing to reduce crime only burden law abiding citizens.

We want to ensure the person that represents us here in the 8th district will uphold our constitutionally protected right to self defense and the long history and tradition of firearm ownership.

I deeply respect the opinions of Del. Krebs and Del. Rodriguez in their support for Ms. Matory but would like to hear more on this issue that so many of us consider to be a key topic in this election.

Kindest regards,
    Jim Noland - 8th District

Liz Matory for Congress:
    "Hi Jim. It's Liz. Thank you so much for reaching out and for your support! I'm 2A. I do not own guns but learned how to shoot from my brother who is a Marine. I support the second amendment and I apologize for not placing a statement online. It's like a fundamental right so we didn't write a separate issue tab for it. But my stance is that it's one of the 10 articulated amendments formulated by founders and as such should be protected. Though I understand and appreciate folks concerns about gun violence I find that most of the laws and regulations placed (and proposed) on firearms will only place undo burden on law abiding citizens. We need to enforce the laws that are in place. And ensure that law enforcement has the tools it needs to protect the public while not deterring from citizens rights. I do not see urban violence and mass shootings dissipating with any of laws that the left propose. Similar to other liberal policies they do not address underlying issues or solve perpetuating problems. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom