• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Me wants one! Me want now.

:lol::lol:

I knew you'd say that.

I can reach out to the blogger who does them. Group pricing for 10 or more... they also have general militia infantry, marksmen, signal, and a few others...

Start a depot thread? (Don't want to hog this one). Or PM me.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    OK, spoke to the reporter.

He was calling about my oral testimony regarding BP antique/reproduction pistols by CAS shooters and re-enactors. He was unfamiliar with Cowboy Action Shooting of NSSA-type Civil War shooing.

He asked about numbers of each type. Could they use non-firing guns for re-enacting? No.

He indicated his belief that the bill was poorly written and presented. He felt that long guns were a distraction in the bill.
    Could I support a measure to restrict criminals like Bricker from getting BP pistols? Well, the FBI won't run a NICS check, so there's no way to enforce this.

And the numbers are too small. Gangs are not turning to BP pistols. Making a law for one instance is just bad precedent.

He's looking at material as Bricker may get sentenced this week.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

He was calling about my oral testimony regarding BP antique/reproduction pistols by CAS shooters and re-enactors. He was unfamiliar with Cowboy Action Shooting of NSSA-type Civil War shooing.

He asked about numbers of each type. Could they use non-firing guns for re-enacting? No.

He indicated his belief that the bill was poorly written and presented. He felt that long guns were a distraction in the bill.
    Could I support a measure to restrict criminals like Bricker from getting BP pistols? Well, the FBI won't run a NICS check, so there's no way to enforce this.

And the numbers are too small. Gangs are not turning to BP pistols. Making a law for one instance is just bad precedent.

As has been noted on this board in the past, one line of argument that the antis love to invoke is that the 2nd Amendment only pertained to muskets and black powder weapons. Yet now they want to have the government regulate their sales.

If someone committed a murder with a black powder weapon (and I'm guessing at close distance), how would one prevent them from using a knife, hammer, spear ... or using an improvised explosive device set off from a distance ... or using a car starting from a distance? (rhetorical of course) If there is a motive, there are countless ways a deranged individual might achieve his/her objective.

This legislation will not prevent homicides. It will just remove one of a huge number of choices for a deranged person to use ... maybe they'll pick up a baseball bat or power tool. By contrast, this legislation will create an unnecessary burden on a large citizens who are peaceably using a tool in whatever legal manner they choose ... and a burden on a constitutionally protected right.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

Why doesn't NASCAR use paper-mache models of cars for races while we're at it? :sad20:

The way I read the bill, it outlawed even prop guns.

Good point, but the anti's never let reality get in the way of feel good do-goodery.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    As has been noted on this board in the past, one line of argument that the antis love to invoke is that the 2nd Amendment only pertained to muskets and black powder weapons. Yet now they want to have the government regulate their sales.

More double-speak from the anti's? Heaven forbid.

If someone committed a murder with a black powder weapon (and I'm guessing at close distance), how would one prevent them from using a knife, hammer, spear ... or using an improvised explosive device set off from a distance ... or using a car starting from a distance? (rhetorical of course) If there is a motive, there are countless ways a deranged individual might achieve his/her objective.

This legislation will not prevent homicides. It will just remove one of a huge number of choices for a deranged person to use ... maybe they'll pick up a baseball bat or power tool. By contrast, this legislation will create an unnecessary burden on a large citizens who are peaceably using a tool in whatever legal manner they choose ... and a burden on a constitutionally protected right.

It all comes down to, if someone wants something that's banned they can get it. A criminal is not going to not get and use a gun because it's yet another crime.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Did you take the opportunity to invite him to the range to try out some BP and see if you could turn him to the dark side?

When people see what is involved they realize it isn't easy, and wonder why anyone would want to. Then they shoot and in the cloud of smoke and smell of sulfur a transformation takes place and they realize this is fun and I could do it myself. WOW!

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

I think you'll find the purpose of the article right here.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    By the time it's dissembled, regurgitated, shuffled, edited, and published, he might not recognize the conversation.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Someone needs to point out the simplicity of making "Hand Gonnes and Matchlocks" meaning they can never be eliminated through legislation.
    http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~dispater/handgonnes.htm

Submachine guns are just about the easiest guns to make.
    As factory-made guns become harder to get, homemade submachine guns become more and more common.

If guns were somehow banned and confiscated, we would quickly be awash in submachine guns. Hillary can talk about Australia's "success" with common-sense gun laws, but she doesn't mention how common submachine guns have become.

https://homemadeguns.wordpress.com/2014/10/26/p-a-luty-expedient-submachine-gun-examples/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH76VoI_hsw

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...lice-seize-homemade-submachine-gun-drug-raid/

Brazil: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/01/22/common-illicitly-homemade-submachine-guns-brazil/

Indonesia: https://homemadeguns.wordpress.com/2014/10/22/homemade-machine-pistols-indonesia/

Israel : https://homemadeguns.wordpress.com/2015/11/18/homemade-smgs-with-ar-stocks-seized-by-idf/

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Convicts manufacture zip guns in prison.

Dumais wants to "do something"?

She'd have to un-invent gunpowder. And eliminate hate, envy, and revenge.

But she's determined to keep trying, because their goal is to eliminate guns, not crime, and every step along the way is a step in the right direction.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    One person was killed in her district by an antique gun. This was the first person in probably 100 years, so she wants to outlaw them. How many were killed by drunk drivers or illegal drugs? Haven't they killed more people in her district? Maybe she should be outlawing drunk drivers and illegal drugs. Hey wait a minute, they already are. How is that working out???

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    One person was killed in her district by an antique gun. This was the first person in probably 100 years, so she wants to outlaw them. How many were killed by drunk drivers or illegal drugs? Haven't they killed more people in her district? Maybe she should be outlawing drunk drivers and illegal drugs. Hey wait a minute, they already are. How is that working out???

I wonder how many have been killed by politicians? Now that would be a ban I could get behind.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I wonder how many have been killed by politicians? Now that would be a ban I could get behind.

Aren't a lot of our esteemed legiscritters also attorneys? Maybe someone could pull together the numbers for a running total of how many murders have been committed in Balto by clients that they have represented in the Maryland Revolving Door Legal System. Could be both interesting and useful in 2018.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Well, if you include Marx, Stalin, Lenin, Hitler, Mao, Castro, Ho, Pol Pot, etc., etc., etc. ... maybe 100,000,000? In "modern" times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom