• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Yes, I waited a bit to long and sent mine in about 3 weeks before my expiration. I called them about 30 days after I sent it in (because I had read on this forum they were doing renewal within a few weeks) wondering what the status was. They said it was in process and would probably take the full 90 days. So I asked them what happens when my current permit expires, could I still carry. The answer - you can still carry on your expired permit as long as you sent in the renewal package 2 weeks BEFORE expiration.

02-02-16 - Renewal Package Sent
    02-25-16 - current permit expired
    04-15-16 - still in process and waiting for renewal.....

Good luck with that. Wanna guess what happens when you get pulled over or are seen carrying and they find you have an expired permit? What happens if for some reason your renewal is denied, then you would be considered to be carrying without a permit.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Good luck with that. Wanna guess what happens when you get pulled over or are seen carrying and they find you have an expired permit? What happens if for some reason your renewal is denied, then you would be considered to be carrying without a permit.

Mens rea

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Makes me wonder why only 2 of mine (original permit) I had one years ago but for a different business. I am at 38 days and counting

Nobody

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Exactly why permits say "If expired, Contact MSP prior to arrest"
    Or,......... they could just process the applications in a non-assine manner.

Has anyone in the MD GA or MSP LD ever heard of Pennsylvania, Delaware, NC, or FL?

A field trip needs to occur, a few weeks spent with agencies that actually know what the ef they are doing.

It simply doesn't take this long folks! They're pulling dicks and playing games, as evidenced by the permits being mailed on THE 90th day.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Talked to all 3 of the references and my wife she works in the family business and I transferred the call to her .

The first permit was very fast , but renewal(s) take so much longer which I just don't get .

And for the MSP listening in as Norton says ...............What a great job.....;-)

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    I was interviewed in the parking lot at my office. He talked to my wife before I got back to my desk and spoke with everyone else within the hour. He was not a member of the LD.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    And one thing I want to add if your MD. permit is expired and in review ......a sheriff in PA will be calling you to turn in your PA permit until you have a renewed Md. permit .

PA don't mess around and will not let you keep the permit any longer , they told my brother they would swear out a warrant if he did not mail the permit back to PA .

So the actions of MD will affect a PA. permit .

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    How long did it take for you to receive your renewal permit after the MSP cashed your $50.00 check payment? Thanks......
    Well let's see. I emailed twice to ask about help finding training locally and they never replied (at all), then I called after sending in my app to let them know I had moved and wanted to make sure they had my new address, person I spoke to acted like they took all the info and would make sure it made its way into my file. Then I emailed with a copy of my MVA address change card,... then three weeks later I received the permit,............ forwarded from my old address. :(

I sent the app in mid/late August, got the permit early November, before my expiration.

They cashed the check right away, sat on the app for a few months, didn't check into shit to my knowledge and then sent the permit to the wrong adress after being told at least 3 times that I moved after applying.

Last edited:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Well let's see. I emailed twice to ask about help finding training locally and they never replied (at all), then I called after sending in my app to let then know I had moved and wanted to make sure they had my new address, person I spoke to acted like they took all the info and would make sure it made its way into my file. Then I emailed with a copy of my MVA address change card,... then three weeks later I received the permit,............ forwarded from my old address. :(

I sent the app in mid/late August, got the permit early November, before my expiration.

They cashed the check right away, sat on the app for a few months, didn't check into shit to my knowledge and then sent the permit to the wrong adress after being told at least 3 times that I moved after applying.
    I don't see a problem here. :rolleyes:

Perhaps your expectations are simply too high. LMAO

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    It's been many years since my original app was done but my references were contacted (all three were MSP LEOs). My renewals over the years they have not contacted any one that I know of. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom