• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Is it possible that the politician and other business friend each have a CCW permit themselves?

The politician has one, I do not believe the other owner does. What would be the issue if they do?

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Sent mine in about 30 days earlier then required. Got it back in 16 days. Expiration date was my birthday just like it's supposed to be.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    References (testimonials..) supplied by the applicant, honestly, what is the point. Most people screen their contacts, give them heads up and so on. What the hell is that worth? I really did not like having to put people on a form for MSP to bother. It's pointless.

PA form asked for references, but do not believe anyone was contacted, had no calls.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    None of my PA contacts were called. Of course, they were basically the same (vetted) friends I use for the MSP.

I wonder of they do a quick background check of your references? Eeeek.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    They probably only contacted 3 because that is all that's required. They called my wife when I was on my way home from the interview.

My PA took over 6 months. I had actually forgotten all about it. I inadvertently put 410 as someone's number that was 443. They finally called me to say they couldn't get in touch with one of my references. When I verified the number I immediately realized the issue. I received an email to come and pick it up later that day.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    None of my PA contacts were called. Of course, they were basically the same (vetted) friends I use for the MSP.

I wonder of they do a quick background check of your references? Eeeek.

I did and disqualified my willing neighbor. Theft charges and domestic violence.

NOBODY

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Sent mine in about 30 days earlier then required. Got it back in 16 days. Expiration date was my birthday just like it's supposed to be.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's good to know. My 90 days begins 12/31 and I was wondering to send it before or after the holidays. I will definitely send it before now!

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    As part of the 365, I was denied. All of my references were contacted as well as my wife. I have been listed on 2 PA apps as a reference and was never contacted.

NAUIdvr1

Jan 4, 2013
    Harford County
    Yes, I waited a bit to long and sent mine in about 3 weeks before my expiration. I called them about 30 days after I sent it in (because I had read on this forum they were doing renewal within a few weeks) wondering what the status was. They said it was in process and would probably take the full 90 days. So I asked them what happens when my current permit expires, could I still carry. The answer - you can still carry on your expired permit as long as you sent in the renewal package 2 weeks BEFORE expiration.

02-02-16 - Renewal Package Sent
    02-25-16 - current permit expired
    04-15-16 - still in process and waiting for renewal.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom