• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I don't think he was suggesting that he agrees with it. I think he is simply explaining the reality of the situation in Maryland.

exactly. none of us agree with the system and will support those helping restore equal civil rights for all.

MDlineman, Yes you need to jump through hoops here. Cryptoman asked a specific question, I just answered based on what I have seen. As long as you are not prohibited (more extensive than 77r or 4473), you can get a business license.

"As long as you are not prohibited, all it takes is time and money". WTF!! We agree, WTF. But there are people working to change things. If you choose, join MSI, or carry some signs with Rack, or apply and fight to push the boundaries out a little, vote, rattle your reps cages, pick a lawsuit and send money.

But WTF wasn't Crypto's question.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm not a fan of the - start a quilting or Michael Bolton fan club (or, insert your gay idea here ________) business to get a permit.

I know it's a means to an end, but it's problematic on a few different levels. The restrictions suck, always will to a certain extent. Plus, you're going to jump the same hoops and attend the same dog and pony show (aka HPRB) to get a renewal.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I'm not a fan of the - start a quilting or Michael Bolton fan club (or, insert your gay idea here ________) business to get a permit.

I know it's a means to an end, but it's problematic on a few different levels. The restrictions suck, always will to a certain extent. Plus, you're going to jump the same hoops and attend the same dog and pony show (aka HPRB) to get a renewal.

Also, it seems as though the hoops are constantly moved or just up and disappear.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Nope, not even close. I am a Defense Contractor. I am the type of person that wants to see things in writing and clearly defined.

Then don't even bother trying to ask the "Issuing Authorities." The MSP's rogue issuing Licensing Division makes up the rules on the spot, doesn't publish statistics, and ignores settled law. Because they can.

Also, the term you're looking for is G&S, for Good and Substantial, as opposed to the actual current legal requirement which is "Palpable Need", whatever that is. GSR is Gunshot Residue.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    But she is an NRA instructor ... :lol2:

Can we get this information with a PIA request?

You should be able to find out how many applications have been submitted and how many have been approve and denied. Just indicate a date range.

The numbers are supposed to be published in an addendum to their Annual Report. The latest numbers are from 2013. Another annoying legal requirement the MSP ignores.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Do the right thing.

Simply because it is the right thing.

These board members will have to live the rest of their lives by the decisions and comments they make. And sometimes - lack thereof.

Every officer, enlisted, and elected official in these wonderful United States - pledge an oath to uphold the laws and governance, the highest of all these is the Constitution of the United States. To betray this oath, and the highest decree is a disgrace.

Please never forget: The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Shall not be infringed. <--- special emphasis placed on this, and if you read the Federalist Papers, or any of the letters between our founding fathers, you will perfectly understand what and why exactly they said this. Its not some outdated saying, its the living embodiment of the very spirit of America.

Reread your oath, and reconsider your opinion.

Do the right thing.

Simply because it is the right thing.

If I remember correctly, this is the only time in all of the Amendments that this explicit wording was used. It indicates how strongly the framers felt about the topic.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    And "reasonable chance" is pretty much equivalent to what your win rate will be at the Craps table.
    Well,... if you were referring to the come out roll only,...

No. :(

I'd play craps over dicking around with the MSP anyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom