• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    That's ********!
    Any politician that decides to run for another office should be required to resign from his current one first.
    All or nothing.

And I wouldn't be surprised if that's one reason MD is off-cycle (although it has bigger problems than that, and where Congressional races are concerned--especially for State Senators--it doesn't really matter).

Now... if we could put Delegates on a 2-year basis, life would be very interesting.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That's ********!
    Any politician that decides to run for another office should be required to resign from his current one first.
    All or nothing.

If he ran for a MD Senate seat that would be the case, much like VanHollen and Edwards are giving up their Congressional seats to run for US Senator. Or, if he was running for US Congress in 2018, he would have to give up his MD Senate seat as he cannot run for to different offices in the same year.

But, because MD holds it's elections in an off year, he is not running for MD Senate, so he can run for US Congress and keep his MD Senate seat if he doesn't win.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Some amusing comments from former students on ratemyprofessor.com . Apparently a lot of them don't care for him either. I especially liked these ones:

Loves the sound of his own voice. More of a public intellectual than a Con Law prof.

Professor Raskin is an intelligent guy, but he is bad at the art of teaching. He just lectures and rambles a lot. His idea of checking on whether students absorb materials is to launch into wholly tangential policy and sociological discussions. His final examination is a total joke, ridiculous MC that you have no way of preparing for.

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=725213

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    That's ********!
    All or nothing.

I absolutely agree!

Some amusing comments from former students on ratemyprofessor.com . Apparently a lot of them don't care for him either. I especially liked these ones:

Con Law - is that Constitutional Law? If so, I find it funny that the lefties who teach Constitutional law seem to know very little about the Constitution.

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=725213

Feb 28, 2013
    So it appears he's running to represent me in van Hollen's seat; and he's running hard on his brilliant legislative achievements in the Maryland Legislature:

https://jamieraskin.com/reducing-gun-violence-and-challenging-nra

I'm working under a significant set of restrictions here; as I'm deaf/hard of hearing and can't really do good rhetoric in person.

What I can do is write up a simple flier that points out how stupid his brilliant legislative achievements are, and then proceed to distribute it across Montgomery and Frederick Counties the old fashioned way -- printing it out and then lots of shoe leather.

Random salient points to make:

1.) Easier to be licensed to transport radioactive materials on highways than it is to get a HQL in MD. You still need to be fingerprinted for both; but the 'class' for HAZMAT endorsement consists of a multi choice question at MVA.

2.) It has been three years since FSA2013; and shouldn't B-more be dropping in murders?

etc.
    A driver can git an endorsement on his license to drive a fully loaded gas tanker with 9000 gallons on it straight into the heart of downtown. I have it.

But to permit to carry a concealed firearm in MD??

:omg:

THAT certainly wouldn't be politically correct. :rolleyes:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Hiow about an anti-Raskin protest sign wherever he goes to campaign?

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    A driver can git an endorsement on his license to drive a fully loaded gas tanker with 9000 gallons on it straight into the heart of downtown. I have it.

But to permit to carry a concealed firearm in MD??

:omg:

THAT certainly wouldn't be politically correct. :rolleyes:
    Several years ago, a loaded BTL tanker was hijacked coming out of the terminal. The driver was able to bail out and run. Tanker later found in DC, empty. Guy with a gun asked if it was loaded with hi test. When the driver said it was diesel, the guy said " it will blow up just the same". Company drivers stand a zero chance of getting a job related permit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I received a big, glossy, expensive campaign mailing from him about three days after the election.

I think that speaks for his effectiveness and attention to detail.

Unfortunately, we're likely stuck with him, Van Hollen and the rest of the D establishment here in Maryland.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Maybe this will fire up Raskin's opposition a little:

"Release: ATU Endorses Jamie Raskin for Congress

March 21, 2016

Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Endorses Jamie Raskin for Congress, Citing His Record As An “Effective Progressive Leader” and his “Urgent Advocacy for Massive Reinvestment in Public Transit and Infrastructure”

SILVER SPRING, MD – The Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) announced today its endorsement of Senator Jamie Raskin in his campaign for Maryland’s 8th Congressional District.

“ATU members are excited to be supporting a truly effective progressive leader like Jamie Raskin who has a record of proven success over a decade,” said ATU International President Larry Hanley. “We know Jamie is campaigning on massive reinvestment in public transit and infrastructure, and we trust him to fight for public transit and transit workers in Congress. Jamie has run an impressive grassroots campaign based on his unmatched record of progressive results and we are glad to pitch in any way possible to see that he wins this exciting campaign when the polls close on April 26th. We need his passionate advocacy for change in America.”

ATU represents more 15,000 WMATA Metrorail, Metrobus, and MetroAccess employees in the region including operators, clerical, paratransit, and maintenance workers. They are a leading voice in the region for public transit and a strong labor force.

“I am honored to earn ATU’s endorsement because we obviously have a lot of work to do on rebuilding Metro and public transit and we need the labor force fully engaged and leading in this struggle. I live three blocks from the Metro and I want to be able to take a safe and reliable Metro system to work in Congress. Working with ATU’s thousands of workers, I will champion a safe and reliable public transportation system for all 8th District residents,” said Senator Raskin. “Together with the thousands of ATU Local 689 members who live in my district, I look forward to organizing for victory on April 26th and for many urgent legislative breakthroughs ahead.”

ATU joins UFCW Local 1994 MCGEO, the American Federation of Government Employees, the National Education Association, UFCW Local 400, the Machinists and Aerospace Workers and OPEIU Local 2 as early union supporters. The Raskin campaign has also earned the support of the Sierra Club, the 72-member Congressional Progressive Caucus, the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, Democracy for America, Progressive Democrats of America and more than 60 Democratic elected officials, including the state’s top Democrat, Attorney General Brian Frosh, Congressman John Sarbanes from the neighboring district, Congressman John Conyers who is the longest serving member of the US House and the co-founder of the Congressional Black Caucus, Congressman Mark Takano, State Senators Rich Madaleno, Susan Lee, Karen Montgomery and Ron Young, Delegate Karen Lewis Young, and dozens of other state and local officials.

###"

https://jamieraskin.com/news/release-atu-endorses-jamie-raskin-congress

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom